bjm676

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JimH

They are smoking McCarthy.

Harrelson and DJ are talking about McCarthy's problem locating pitches. Let's read between the lines here, those two guys see a lot of baseball and they are basically saying he's not ready.

Out of the inning, we're up 5-1.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)
They are smoking McCarthy.

Harrelson and DJ are talking about McCarthy's problem locating pitches.  Let's read between the lines here, those two guys see a lot of baseball and they are basically saying he's not ready.

Out of the inning, we're up 5-1.

He's already had his chance against the wretched offense of the Royals. If he sucks it up again today, he has to go back to AAA.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 07:58 PM)
He's already had his chance against the wretched offense of the Royals.  If he sucks it up again today, he has to go back to AAA.

Duque should be ready for his next turn so that's probably gonna happen anyway.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 02:00 AM)
Duque should be ready for his next turn so that's probably gonna happen anyway.

Which means it won't be long before a lot of people on here want to see McCarthy back up in the majors. I have my doubts about how sharp Duque will be for the rest of the season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 09:01 PM)
Which means it won't be long before a lot of people on here want to see McCarthy back up in the majors.  I have my doubts about how sharp Duque will be for the rest of the season.

so did yankee fans when he came back from his injury and look what happened, he practically carried their staff

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 08:01 PM)
Which means it won't be long before a lot of people on here want to see McCarthy back up in the majors.  I have my doubts about how sharp Duque will be for the rest of the season.

Do you think it's possible that Duque will be held out of his next start to give him more rest through the break?

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 02:02 AM)
so did yankee fans when he came back from his injury and look what happened, he practically carried their staff

Big difference between pitching your home games at Yankee Stadium, or at the Cell when it's hot outside.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 08:03 PM)
Do you think it's possible that Duque will be held out of his next start to give him more rest through the break?

His next start is scheduled for the 5th game after the break. From here on out we have...

Garcia

Contreras

Off Day

Garland

Buerhle

Garcia

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 02:03 AM)

Duque's not pitching before the ASB, I thought. McCarthy is going to face Oakland this weekend, I thought? Or will we skip him with the off-day we have on Thursday?