4th of July Game Thread Sox vs. DRays

bjm676

Just wanted to come on and say one thing. This is why I feel comfortable trading our prospects for a proven player this year. Because this is exactly what they are, prospects, and long from proven ML players. BMAC may be good in the future, but we need something right now.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
I was thinking the exact same thing.  I believe he had the best rated breaking 'stuff' for a high school per BA in 2004...

Exactly, when I saw his scouting video I went nuts.

His curve is just ridiculous

QUOTE(Spiff @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 02:47 AM)
Thats a piss-poor defense.  Just cause it happens other places doesn't mean it has to happen here.  Especially when it concerns the team with the best record in all of baseball.  I don't see why keeping things in perspective is so hard.  If people would actually think before they posted something, the quality would increase exponentially.

I was really hoping you wouldn't use the "team with best record" reason for why people shouldn't complain. There's still half of the season left to go. I'm definitely not someone who thinks that it's a sure thing we'll make the playoffs.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 02:51 AM)
Fathom, I think what we have on our roster is about average:

-Rowand

-Thomas

-Crede

-Buehrle

-Garland (Not drafted by the Sox, but we pretty much developed him)

-Cotts (Ditto with Buehrle).

I don't consider Cotts, but I'll give you Garland. Still, that's not a lot of guys in the last few years that we've developed.

QUOTE(SHAFTR @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 02:51 AM)
Since May 5, Iguchi is .241/.311/.406

Maybe he should be moved out of the 2 spot.

We have no other options to bat 2nd. Iguchi's numbers with RISP are much worse than those numbers you listed lately.