4th of July Game Thread Sox vs. DRays

bjm676

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 10:54 PM)
Is that true?

I heard Jenks is still a little too raw, but I can't say I'm against the move.  It gets rid of Walker.

He's not really raw, he's just excessively wild, he's rough mentally and has shaky past. :drink

i hate when they sing god bless america during the seventh inning, i like the fact that we are trying to remember our country but its just a waste of time

Edited by chi-guy2

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 03:57 AM)
He's not really raw, he's  just excessively wild, he's rough mentally and has shaky past. :drink

He's better than Walker. And yeah, he's gotta improve that control, but he's got some sick stuff (as you know) and some sick K numbers (as you also know).

I'm not gonna b**** about it, but Baj deserves a shot over Jenks. I hope he's taking this OK, because he's done everything he can do to make it to the majors. It's BS that he wasn't called up in the first place.

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 10:58 PM)
i hate when they sing god bless america during the seventh inning, i like the fact that we are trying to remember our county but its just a waste of time

It's cool with me on holidays, but I'm over the whole 9-11 contrived garbage.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 10:59 PM)
:o

what, i just wish they would do it before the game, the whole i love the country thing is great and remembering 9/11, just it makes more sense before the game

i know repetitive

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 10:59 PM)
He's better than Walker.  And yeah, he's gotta improve that control, but he's got some sick stuff (as you know) and some sick K numbers (as you also know).

I'm not gonna b**** about it, but Baj deserves a shot over Jenks.  I hope he's taking this OK, because he's done everything he can do to make it to the majors.  It's BS that he wasn't called up in the first place.

But he sucked for the 10 innings he pitched in September last year, he's obvioulsy not a major league pitcher.

Baj should most definatly be called up before Jenks. I just don't see Bobby being all that affective. He's able to get AA hitters to chase his pitches but major league hitters are another story. I see him walking a s*** load of batters.

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 04:00 AM)
what, i just wish they would do it before the game, the whole i love the country thing is great and remembering 9/11, just it makes more sense before the game

i know repetitive

I thought it couldn't get any worse.

This takes the cake.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 04:01 AM)
But he sucked for the 10 innings he pitched in September last year, he's obvioulsy not a major league pitcher.

Baj should most definatly be called up before Jenks. I just don't see Bobby being all that affective. He's able to get AA hitters to chase his pitches but major league hitters are another story. I see him walking a s*** load of batters.

Baj gets guys out. I'm not saying he's gonna be a star in the bullpen, but he can be effective.

I dunno, this is the same organization that didn't like how Chad Bradford threw, either...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 11:03 PM)
Baj gets guys out.  I'm not saying he's gonna be a star in the bullpen, but he can be effective. 

I dunno, this is the same organization that didn't like how Chad Bradford threw, either...

Chad Bradford's arm didn't like the way he threw.

I don't think this bothers Baj all that much. I'm sure he's totally pissed that he keeps getting shafted but he's probably just taking it in stride and going out there and getting hitters out. He'll get his shot, he has to.