4th of July Game Thread Sox vs. DRays

bjm676

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 10:03 PM)
Baj gets guys out.  I'm not saying he's gonna be a star in the bullpen, but he can be effective. 

I dunno, this is the same organization that didn't like how Chad Bradford threw, either...

Who knows. Maybe they are scared of the fact that he gave up 21 base runners in 8 innings last year in a non pressure situation

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 02:01 PM)
Jenks up is a very not good idea.

It's pretty hard to imagine how a guy with better stats at a higher level doesn't get called up in favor of a guy who had worse stats and throws in a pitchers park.

Just my $0.02.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 02:05 PM)
Who knows. Maybe they are scared of the fact that he gave up 21 base runners in 8 innings last year in a non pressure situation

But seriously are you going to take a sample size of 8 innings, or have a look at the way he's thrown at B-Ham and Charlotte over the last season and a half?

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 02:05 PM)
Wondering if Jenks is being included in a possible deal.

What if the Barons announced Jenks was heading to the Majors... and we are just assuming it is with the Sox.

I think it's way more likely Baj gets included in a deal before Jenks.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 10:07 PM)
But seriously are you going to take a sample size of 8 innings, or have a look at the way he's thrown at B-Ham and Charlotte over the last season and a half?

I'm not saying what I would do. Just trying to look at what he's thinking. They might be kind of jittery because we've had a lot of guys throw extremely extremely well in the minors the past couple of years only to come up and absolutely suck at the big league level.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 04:07 AM)
I think it's way more likely Baj gets included in a deal before Jenks.

It could be argued that Kenny Williams' two best moves were ones that had no bearing on the ML roster. That of picking up Bobby Jenks, and trading Alex Escobar for Jerry Owens.

Of course, you could make better arguments for Iguchi and Pierzynski, but I'm just sayin'... :D

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 10:05 PM)

They had no problem bringing up Kevin Walker, not once, but twice. And he hasn't done a damn thing all year.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 11:07 PM)

Obviously they are looking at those 8 innings pitched as a pretty big deal seeing how Jenks is on his way here.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 02:08 PM)
I'm not saying what I would do. Just trying to look at what he's thinking. They might be kind of jittery because we've had a lot of guys throw extremely extremely well in the minors the past couple of years only to come up and absolutely suck at the big league level.

Yeah I know, my thinking with that though is this, Arnie Munoz posted real good stats in September last year compared to Baj but is sucking it up in Charlotte. Who would you call up first?