Liggy Cleans Up PURTY!!!

The Critic

Funny how a court date will wipe the dirtball RIGHT OFF YA!!!

Scholarly looking little f***er NOW, isn't he?

the glasses are a nice touch...now about those enormous ugly tattoos....

I'm sure the comments will flow after this post.. Go ahead, lash out at me. I can take it..

But...

The guy made a mistake. He, unlike the newest douchebag idiots, apologized several times. He did not use his life misfortunes (his sister did) to excuse the incident. He called himself an idiot, etc, etc.. Has been in a program and has stayed clean (which in itself is a huge accomplishment). He's going to get community service and probation (thanks to Gamboa). Is it enough.. imo, no, but it is what it is. Hopefully the guy stays clean and uses this incident to right the wrong path he was obviously on. People make mistakes (see the "stupidest thing you've ever done thread" ;) ).

That's all.

Now :bringit :D

I'm sure the comments will flow after this post.. Go ahead, lash out at me. I can take it..

But...

The guy made a mistake. He, unlike the newest douchebag idiots, apologized several times. He did not use his life misfortunes (his sister did) to excuse the incident. He called himself an idiot, etc, etc.. Has been in a program and has stayed clean (which in itself is a huge accomplishment). He's going to get community service and probation (thanks to Gamboa). Is it enough.. imo, no, but it is what it is. Hopefully the guy stays clean and uses this incident to right the wrong path he was obviously on. People make mistakes (see the "stupidest thing you've ever done thread" ;) ).

That's all.

wise words Steff - thank you

But...

That's all.

I'm assuming we're talking about the f***ers who attacked the Royals' first base coach last season -- right?

Anyway, I'll weigh in on that...

The two should be in prison. Two men assaulting an innocent man who had his backed turned -- not many things are more cowardly than that.

I say 10 years each -- NO parole.

And oversleeping an missing a Sox game on TV is a "mistake" -- blindsiding and attacking another human being is a choice -- and a very poor one at that.

But...

That's all.

I'm assuming we're talking about the f***ers who attacked the Royals' first base coach last season -- right?

The two should be in prison. Two men assaulting an innocent man who had his backed turned -- not many things are more cowardly than that.

And oversleeping an missing a Sox game on TV is a "mistake" -- blindsiding and attacking another human being is a choice -- and a very poor one at that.

10 years no parole. You're funny clujer.

But...

That's all.

10 years no parole. You're funny clujer.

Heh, I'm not laughing. I'm serious. People need to learn that actions such as those aren't going to be taken lightly, and giving each of them 10 years would teach them a ROUGH lesson, and would make every person who considers doing something like that think it over before hand instead of making a primative decision.

What's the deal with those 2 anyway? Were they drunk or high when they attacked Gamboa, or are they naturally stupid?

I don't feel the least bit sorry for him, and nor can the courts. You can't lay down the precendence that this will be tolerated. If you let him off too easy you tell people that their actions have no consequences which I hate to see happen. Add to it the drugs and alcohol levels that were in his blood, when he and his son attacked Gamboa, and they have to be made an example of, IMHO.

clujer... TEN YEARS..?? Go on... repeat it outloud and hear how silly it sounds. ;)

I agree that they should be made an example of and prosecuted. But I do think the proposed 30 day stay is enough.

And southsider.. I don't feel the least bit sorry for him. But I feel that he is making an effort to right his life. By the way, he's been clean for 7 months.

clujer... TEN YEARS..?? Go on... repeat it outloud and hear how silly it sounds.  ;)

I agree that they should be made an example of and prosecuted. But I do think the proposed 30 day stay is enough.

And southsider.. I don't feel the least bit sorry for him. But I feel that he is making an effort to right his life. By the way, he's been clean for 7 months.

He's probably clean now because he knows he's still not out of the frying pan. In 2 years when everyone's forgotten about this idiot, we'll see if he's still clean.

30 days for assault? You're joking, right?

10 years.

*still not laughing*

;)

clujer... TEN YEARS..?? Go on... repeat it outloud and hear how silly it sounds.  ;)

He's probably clean now because he knows he's still not out of the frying pan. In 2 years when everyone's forgotten about this idiot, we'll see if he's still clean.

10 years.

*still not laughing*

;)

Well.. I guess I can't argue with that logic Mr. Perfect and never have done anything wrong, and refuse to ever give anyone the benefit of the doubt or a second chance, especially if they are disgusting scum sucking tattoo'd, cigarette smoking, beer drinking, second class lowlifes.

I'm done with this with you. I refuse to argue with someone so "perfect".

Have a wonderful day clujer.

And no, I'm not kidding about 30 days for assult. When right now the punishment for "simple assult" is PROBATION in EVERY state in the US. The only way it's more - and even that is a crap shoot unless the defendent has a prior violence conviction - is if it's assult with a weapon.

Well.. I guess I can't argue with that logic Mr. Perfect and never have done anything wrong, and refuse to ever give anyone the benefit of the doubt or a second chance, especially if they are disgusting scum sucking tattoo'd, cigarette smoking, beer drinking, second class lowlifes.

Not perfect at all. However, I've never attacked a defenseless human being from behind.

And I've never said anything about people who drink beer. I think beer tastes like sewer water, but if someone else likes it, cool.

We'll meet in the middle. You say 30 days for assaulting an innocent man, and I say 10 years.

1841.25 days for them (or, 5 years and 15 days). :)

10 years may sound harsh, and maybe it is -- but we need to be proactive in this country when it comes to crime. Now that this appears to be a more-than-once-in-a-blue-moon occurance, we can stop further incidents before they start. Stiff and serious jail sentences would, IMO, accomplish that.

That's more story, and I'm st-st-sticking to it.

And no, I'm not kidding about 30 days for assult. When right now the punishment for "simple assult" is PROBATION in EVERY state in the US. The only way it's more - and even that is a crap shoot unless the defendent has a prior violence conviction - is if it's assult with a weapon.

It's inconceivable to me that someone can attack someone, unprovoked, in front of thousands of people and receive probation. There's something SERIOUSLY wrong with that.

10 years is too much, but I don't think that at least one year in jail is unreasonable, especially considering the fact that they caused irreversible hearing damage to Gamboa.

Mistakes are one thing, criminal activity is quite another. That doesn't make me "perfect", it just means that I respect the laws of our society. That's not too much to ask of civilized human beings.

It's inconceivable to me that someone can attack someone, unprovoked, in front of thousands of people and receive probation. There's something SERIOUSLY wrong with that.

10 years is too much, but I don't think that at least one year in jail is unreasonable, especially considering the fact that they caused irreversible hearing damage to Gamboa.

Mistakes are one thing, criminal activity is quite another. That doesn't make me "perfect", it just means that I respect the laws of our society. That's not too much to ask of civilized human beings.

In this case, if Gamboa had pressed the issue, I'm sure it would be more than probation. He didn't/isn't. Every case is different, but there is a guideline (as sad as it may be) to follow.

And critic.. I wasn't calling you "perfect". It was a specific comment to clujer.

In this case, if Gamboa had pressed the issue, I'm sure it would be more than probation. He didn't/isn't. Every case is different, but there is a guideline (as sad as it may be) to follow.

And critic.. I wasn't calling you "perfect". It was a specific comment to clujer.

I realize that, Steff, but that happens to me once in a while, too.

I believe in personal responsibility, so I have less patience for people who blame their criminal behavior ( or spousal abuse or cheating on husbands or wives or whatever else ) on drinking or drug use.

I just don't believe that is a valid excuse.

People have accused me of thinking I was perfect or whatever, and it rubs me the wrong way.

Sorry if I took that out on you, but like I said, that hit home a little.

And the fact that Gamboa was too nice in this situation doesn't change the fact that these guys committed a violent crime in front of thousands of witnesses. There should be a price to pay, otherwise it sends a poor message to anyone else who might have this in the back of their minds.

Hopefully the guy stays clean and uses this incident to right the wrong path he was obviously on. People make mistakes (see the "stupidest thing you've ever done thread"  ;) ).

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He didn't learn his lesson from his arrests prior to attacking Gamboa..... why do you think he'd learn anything from this? Gimme a break. He'll be back in jail before the ink dries on his court paperwork.

Not to mention, his son was already on probation BEFORE the Comiskey attack for domestic battery..... TO HIS MOTHER!

Once a scumbag..... ALWAYS a scumbag

Hopefully the guy stays clean and uses this incident to right the wrong path he was obviously on. People make mistakes (see the "stupidest thing you've ever done thread"  ;) ).

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He didn't learn his lesson from his arrests prior to attacking Gamboa..... why do you think he'd learn anything from this? Gimme a break. He'll be back in jail before the ink dries on his court paperwork.

Not to mention, his son was already on probation BEFORE the Comiskey attack for domestic battery..... TO HIS MOTHER!

Once a scumbag..... ALWAYS a scumbag

Well I guess killa because I am the type of person to give the benifit of the doubt and give others another chance.

I have my opinion, and you have yours.

Not perfect at all. However, I've never attacked a defenseless human being from behind.

And I've never said anything about people who drink beer. I think beer tastes like sewer water, but if someone else likes it, cool.

We'll meet in the middle. You say 30 days for assaulting an innocent man, and I say 10 years.

1841.25 days for them (or, 5 years and 15 days). :)

10 years may sound harsh, and maybe it is -- but we need to be proactive in this country when it comes to crime. Now that this appears to be a more-than-once-in-a-blue-moon occurance, we can stop further incidents before they start. Stiff and serious jail sentences would, IMO, accomplish that.

That's more story, and I'm st-st-sticking to it.

Someday you will find yourself in a situation you regret looking for a little grace. I hope you get as much grace as you give.

My friend with the Veggie Tales avatar, you need to go watch the one called "Are You My Neighbor?".

My thoughts exactly bj - regarding looking for "grace". At some point everyone needs a little leeway (and I am NOT referring to this situation) and it will be that time that an "oops.. but I didn't mean to.." wont work. Karma.. ;)

My thoughts exactly bj - regarding looking for "grace". At some point everyone needs a little leeway (and I am NOT referring to this situation) and it will be that time that an "oops.. but I didn't mean to.." wont work. Karma..  ;)

Ligue has gotten his "grace" time and time again only to trip on his dick..... time and time again. Let's keep giving him more chances..... pretty soon, he'll kill somebody.

grace is an issue -

also an issue is what do we really need to do with these two?

For the 15 year old, the idea of 10 years is appalling. When the 15 year old comes out of the state penal system at 25, what kind of person do you rationally expect him to be? This is a person whose life is ahead of him and the proper mix of being in a juvenile home or controled environment with counseling and other assistance, the full range of hard core probation (drug and alcohol testing, etc) and we might hend up with a person who made a dumb mistake when he was 15 but has turned his life around.

For the older one - 10 years? Sounds good in theory. Where you going to put all these people and who is to pay for it? Certainly some jail/prison time may be appropriate but the courts will work that out. It is easy to say everyone gets off too light and some sometimes do, but factor in jail populations and overcrowding, and weigh the offense in with the penalties for other like offenses. What we are looking for as a society is deterrance as well as trying to get someone's life turned around.

I work in a law office, we do criiminal defense. Sentencing is a complex process and takes in a lot of factors. Someone from the probtation/parole office will do a report with a recommended sentence and the prosecutor will have ample time to address that before the judge before sentence is made.

If a sentence is 30 days with all the hard core probation things and maybe tethers or whatever else, with required counseling, etc., and maybe stiff fines or whatever, it may do the job in some cases. In other cases jail time or prison time may be the answer. Each case is different as the factors in each are different. Let the system work.

But I am in full accord with steff and bj's sentiments here. 10 years is incredibly excessive. 5 years is incredibly excessive.

Ligue has gotten his "grace" time and time again only to trip on his dick..... time and time again. Let's keep giving him more chances..... pretty soon, he'll kill somebody.

What exactly were his previous crimes killa..? Possession (I have seen posts of several here that are "users" - he just got caught) is the only one I heard of. The battery charge was against his son (against his mother) and if you know anything about a battery charge, they are handed out like candy which is another reason the penalties are so lax.