7/5 Gamethread Devil Rays vs White Sox

ChWRoCk2

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)
Forgive me for expected better with our #2 starter on the hill and against a starter with an ERA of over 6 coming into the game...

You are like this every game, no?

Edited by qwerty

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)
I understand what BlackBetsy is saying.  He's not really the contact guy you want up there with a runner on third.  With Thomas, it's usually K, BB, or HR -- good to know it was the last one on that AB.  :)  :cheers

Ill take a 66.7% chance he gets on base, or around them!!! :D

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 12:29 PM)
Forgive me for expected better with our #2 starter on the hill and against a starter with an ERA of over 6 coming into the game...

Garcia had a 4.53 ERA at home before this game FWIW.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)
I understand what BlackBetsy is saying.  He's not really the contact guy you want up there with a runner on third.  With Thomas, it's usually K, BB, or HR -- good to know it was the last one on that AB.  :)  :cheers

Ill take a 66.7% chance he gets on base, or around them!!! :D

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 09:31 PM)
Guess now its time for my patented catch phrase...

Attack the player, attack the team, do NOT attack each other.

Maybe i missed something but who has been attacked?

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)
Uhhh no...not usually, in fact this is the first time i've posted in a game thread in forever, on soxtalk at least...

Uhhh yes. You want to look at your archive of posts from last season? You are not a sox fan you are a rowand fan and sometimes a garland fan.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 07:29 PM)

I'm sorry, but you're drawing conclusions about whether or not Thomas, one of the best hitters of the last 15 years, can be a good contact hitter, based entirely on a stretch where he's still getting back into the game and into shape after being sidelined with an injury for 12 months and unable to walk for about 8 months of it?

That just doesnt' add up to me. He comes off the DL and he's not into the game so he's swinging for the fences...doesn't mean he can't find his swing very, very rapidly. Couple of hits for him tonight, 1 for 2 with 3 walks last night.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 08:33 PM)
Uhhh yes. You want to look at your archive of posts from last season? You are not a sox fan you are a rowand fan and sometimes a garland fan.

You mean the same last season we choked what should of been easy victories... Yeah I really was out of line there...

And the comeback win for the Chicago White Sox

Cliff Politte is 6-0.

21 Saves for Dustin "Not an all star my arse" Hermanson

and here's the biggie...

30 GOD DAMNED GAMES OVER .500 82 GAMES INTO THE SEASON.

Edited by Balta1701

...and if you checked the archives you'd see I am a fan of everyone except for Timo. I was skeptical of Pods and Garcia at first but they both proved me wrong. When the Sox choked gimmies though I was pissed, as any real fan of the team would be...