Dye

bsox12

Hello all, I'm new to the board and I'm a big fan of Jermaine Dye. I 'm just curious to know what kind of second half you think he will have, and will he make a big impact to the "Pale Hoze" second half?

bsox12

So long as he stays healthy, he should post over 30 home runs, and come around 100 RBI's, which is what a lot of people thought he could do at the Cell at the start of the year.

Welcome aboard as well. :) :cheers

QUOTE(bsox12 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
Hello all, I'm new to the board and I'm a big fan of Jermaine Dye. I 'm just curious to know what kind of second half you think he will have, and will he make a big impact to the "Pale Hoze"  second half?

bsox12

He's definitely going to get into a groove now. It seems he's heated up with the weather. Like DB said, I can see him giving us 30 HRs and 100+RBIs.

BTW, welcome to the board. :cheers

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 08:02 AM)
JD has really heated up.  I called that bomb yesterday, his hot zones seem to be growing everyday.  Low and inside, low and away, high and inside, he has been the man.

He also hits the ball the other way a lot, especially on his home runs, a lot to right center this season.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 02:03 PM)
He also hits the ball the other way a lot, especially on his home runs, a lot to right center this season.

i love seein him doin that stuff....when a hitter gets it goin to both sides of the field thats when they at their most dangerous...pitchers feel like they can't pitch them anywhere

QUOTE(PutItOnTheBoard @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 10:42 PM)
i love seein him doin that stuff....when a hitter gets it goin to both sides of the field thats when they at their most dangerous...pitchers feel like they can't pitch them anywhere

Dye doesn't have the RBIs that Konerko has, but he's moved up to 4th among right fielders in slugging, and his OPS went from .517 in April to .933 in May, to 1.000 in June, to 1.657 in July (so far). I think he was our offensive MVP in June.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 10:46 PM)
With the way JD has been hitting lately i could see it happening.

Even if he doesn't get quite that far he's still on a pace for a career year.

I'm actually growing to like Dye more and more lately and I'm certainly happy to eat a whole heap of crow after bashing him constantly in the beginning of the season.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 05:34 AM)
Just a comparison;

Dye - .275/.333/.542

Hidalgo - .207/.281/.405

the funny thing is Crede has better numbers than Hidalgo :gosox3: which would be the better comparison since they are both #8 hitters I think. Anyways after his horrible start Dye has really turned it on and I think this is good on 2 levels.

the 1st being a course he is going to help us continue in our winning ways and hopefully on the way to a world series.

the 2nd being it gives us a lot of flexibility this offseason. We can trade Dye to open up a spot for us and that would be a lot better if Dye had a good year we could get something good in return, It gives us the option of trading Anderson since we have Dye for another year and than by that time one of sweeney, owens, young should hopefully be ready or if Frank leaves Dye can fill in at DH for a year to fix that hole.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 11:47 PM)
Is it ok if I still call him Dead?  The name kind of grew on me even though the sucky play wore off.

Me too! I was calling him Dead last night after the grand slam.

I guess we could call him Dead is Alive now.

QUOTE(bsox12 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)
Hello all, I'm new to the board and I'm a big fan of Jermaine Dye. I 'm just curious to know what kind of second half you think he will have, and will he make a big impact to the "Pale Hoze"  second half?

bsox12

Welcome to the board.

Dye has been on fire the last month or so. He should easily end up with over 30 hr's and anywhere from 90-110 rbi's. Amazing when you consider the slow start he got off to. Maggs who?

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 12:22 AM)
Me too! I was calling him Dead last night after the grand slam.

I guess we could call him Dead is Alive now.

Here's his new poster. Someone who actually knows how to photoshop can insert Jermaine's head on this.

BTW. If you've actually seen that movie you just scored MAJOR cool points with me.

:D

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 06:32 AM)
Here's his new poster.  Someone who actually knows how to photoshop can insert Jermaine's head on this.

BTW.  If you've actually seen that movie you just scored MAJOR cool points with me.

:D

Thats actually a scary ass movie.

QUOTE(PutItOnTheBoard @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 04:41 PM)
i'm lovin what im seein from jermaine right now.......he started slow but now hes gettin it goin....that homer last night was just rediculous....that pitch was low and outside...he went down and got and hit it  400 feet

he has queitly been the best offensive player on this team imo

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 08:31 AM)
I wouldnt say that, maybe recently but not overall for the whole season.

Dye has a beautiful stroke and you can just tell . He's seeeing the ball real well. I think his average will top 300 before season's end with 30+ homers. KW did well signing him :D

QUOTE(forrestg @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 02:58 PM)
Dye has a beautiful stroke and you can just tell .  He's seeeing the ball real well.  I think his average will top 300 before season's end with 30+ homers.  KW did well signing him :D

I think .300 is pushing it, but .285 by year's end would be great.

Remember, when he was on KC he was a machine, and if it weren't for that horrific leg injury that took him so long to get back in shape, we would never have gotten him for 4.5 mill.

KW, you are the man!

Maggs... 15 MIL 1 HR

Dye... 4.5 MIL 19 HR

that's a close comparison