Bucks Seeing Redd Through 2011

What would you do if you were Michael Redd?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do if you were Michael Redd?

• Re-sign with the Bucks (6 years/$94M)
    • Sign with the Cavs and LeBron (5 years/$72M)

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
Milwaukee. He'll be the man, possibly have Flip Saunders and have a big man to go along with him. It's more certain than Cleveland in which Bron might even leave after his contract is up.

Agreed. And maybe a healthy TJ Ford to drive and dump.

After last year, I think it's very hard to call the Cavs anything other than a franchise in utter disarray. Going from the #2 team in the league to missing the playoffs, a new owner who has no idea what he's doing, new coaches chosen entirely by 1 other player, and to top it off, no guarantee that the other player will stay in that city?

In Milwaukee, he's got fans who already like him, an organization that is committed to building around him, and more money for himself.

I'd stay in Milwaukee. Something tells me anyone who signs in Cleveland is going to regret it in a few years...think the Cincinnati Reds...if your ownership doesn't know what they're doing, it really can hurt, and that's what I think about them.

the Bucks arent gonna turn around just with the addition of Bogut.. Its gonna take some time, plus who wants to make their home in Milwaukee!? Screw that, Ide be going to Cleveland where I have an absoloute stud on my team, and knowing that the Cavs are much closer to being a contender than the Bucks are..

He needs to learn from other peoples mistakes.. instead of wanting to "be the man" you should weigh your options.. Ide rather go to a team with another star on it, than have to be the only star on a pathetic team.. And by star I mean f***ing brute because LeBron James is an animal

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 05:08 PM)
The difference between $72 million and $94 million shouldn't be that much of a factor for Redd. Both are wayyy too much for anybody to make, easy choice, play with Bron.

20 million isn't chump change. These aren't billionaires we're talking about either...

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 12:18 AM)
Easy for you to say.  lol

It would be hard for anybody to leave 20 million on the table.

Very true, and I know 20 mill is a crap load to leave on the table but I think you got to take a chance, it's not like your going to be hurting for money with 72 mill. You want to win you go to Cleveland and "only" take the 72 mill.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 01:02 AM)
People keep saying play with Lebron?  The Bucks might be better than the Cavs anyway.  With Redd,  their starting 5 would look like Bogut,  J.Smith,  D.Mason,  Ford,  and Redd.  I'm assuming Ford will be healthy and ready to go by training camp.

The Cavs would be better then Milwaukee with Redd.

Did you get my pm?

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 01:33 AM)
Maybe.  And what's this league again?

It's a sim league through a very cool game. You'd have to ask willie what teams are available but it's all soxtalk members, it'll be a good league.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 02:48 AM)
Cleveland is a horribly run franchise. Redd should stay away from that train wreck. Milwaukee has some promise with Ford back and the pick of Bogut.

Its amazing how different the Paxson boys ran their teams, isnt it? John went for quality and depth, and Jim went for the glitter and glamour. Now Jim doesnt have a job.