Crede out of tonight's lineup

Balta1701

According to John Rooney, Joe Crede's out of the lineup tonight with a sore back. No details yet on how bad of an injury it is, how sore it is, how he hurt it, how long he'll be out, etc.

Feel free to fill in more information as it becomes available in this thread. Ozuna is starting at 3rd tonight.

Get well soon Joe!

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 07:57 PM)
:huh:

he is probably the best fielding 3rd basemen in the league.

too bad he can't hit the broadside of a barn.

I'd be willing to take a slight defensive dongrade for someone that can be productive in the lineup.

Don't be surprised if you see an old Sox guy revist the Southside on the September callups, maybe even before if someone gets hurt. He is raking the ball in AAA, and IMO a decent fill-in if/when we need him...

Norton, you're the greatest!!

Guest JimH
Don't be surprised if you see an old Sox guy revist the Southside on the September callups, maybe even before if someone gets hurt. He is raking the ball in AAA, and IMO a decent fill-in if/when we need him...

Norton, you're the greatest!!

They'd have to put him on the 40 man roster in order to call him up, not sure they'd do that because there are only 1-2 who appear to be candidates for outrighting ... Matt Smith comes to mind.

The Sox are sitting at 40 right now and I suspect they'll need room for a trade acquisition or two so I do not expect to see the likes of Norton, Burke, etc. unless there's an emergency.

Whoa whoa, Crede has a sore back, and already u people are speculating a trade? Did they trade Juan becuase he had a sore back? Did they trade El Duque becuase he's on teh DL? Um, no, and I couldn't see Joe being traded anyway, the way he's been playing, not only this year btw, I can't see why they would trade him or even think about it. They obviously have no intent on trading him. Why the hell is anyone thinking about that?

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 10:33 AM)
Whoa whoa, Crede has a sore back, and already u people are speculating a trade? Did they trade Juan becuase he had a sore back? Did they trade El Duque becuase he's on teh DL? Um, no, and I couldn't see Joe being traded anyway, the way he's been playing, not only this year btw, I can't see why they would trade him or even think about it. They obviously have no intent on trading him. Why the hell is anyone thinking about that?

There has been no reason to trade Juan. And I don't know how you see them as having no intent of trading him, as Kenny Williams has already made comments about Oakland's Eric Chavez.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 06:30 PM)
As soon as I heard this on the radio I immediately thought that a trade is going down. We shall see. I think we may get to see a little of Bobby Jenks tonight.

I don't think Crede is going anywhere. He has an awesome glove, but I'd rather see a guy like Pablo in there more often. He has a good glove, can run, hits the ball on the ground, and doesn't have the longest swing in the game (Cough, Crede, Cough).

Let's go out and get that :sweep: tonight!!!

Edited by BaseballNick