AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 09:04 PM)
I always hoped Frank and Bags would end wit the same number of homers. Kind of neat synergy being born on the same day and all. Frank is our most important offensive player and proved that AGAIN tonight

Frank's return has been just the spark this team needed to take us a level higher. We're clearly a better team with him in the lineup cause of the intimidation factor he has over pitchers.

After watching the Devil Rays lose for the 10th time after blowing a lead in the eighth inning, Devil Rays manager Lou Piniella said he plans to have a reliever start Wednesday, then turn to Casey Fossum, who is scheduled to start. Reporters laughed. But Piniella insisted he's serious.

"I've made up my mind and that's what we're going to do," he said. "People are going to think I'm crazy, but we're just going to try it. Starting [Wednesday], I'll bring in whatever reliever I feel like starting the game with, and I'll bring my starter in in the third inning and we'll play nine innings of baseball that way.

"I'm serious."

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 02:17 PM)
A kid in Section 110/109 had a sign that said "The Herminator". I wish to give him his props for that sign.

The back of it also said "Aubrey is a Girl's Name". I approve.

He stole my bit! :bang

:lolhitting

Politte's good fortune for being able to close out a half-inning and have the Sox rally for a victory afterward has earned him some good-natured ribbing from his teammates. Stealing a victory, as Politte did Tuesday, is called a ''vulture'' by the players, and when Podsednik hit his double, Mark Buehrle started with some birdcalls on the bench.

By the time Thomas crushed his home run to left, many of the Sox were flapping their arms and squawking.

''Everybody is giving me trouble about it,'' said Politte, as Carl Everett stood nearby, flapping his elbows up and down.

''The first two you take, but when you get it up to six, man, you feel kind of bad. [starter] Freddy [Garcia] pitched his butt off. But I tell you what, I said earlier in the year, those guys did all the work. I just happened to be the lucky guy out there.''