START BELIEVING.

Nokona

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 01:32 AM)
Do you really think you can argue this when you aren't in the clubhouse and dugouts with the teams?

Are you trying to argue that the Sox offense has looked worse/been worse since Frank came back? Because you'd be arguing a losing cause.

You can visually SEE in their eyes the amount of confidence and how much better they feel, knowing that they have Thomas back. Konerko got hot, Dye got hot(and is still hot), Uribe hit better for 2 weeks, Rowand started to hit better...is that all just a coincidence that those all ocurred right around when Frank came back?

Since Frank has come back, the power numbers have increased dramatically, the Sox finally had a bat-around, and they scored 10 runs in an inning, among other things my tired mind does not want to look up.

Adding Thomas to the lineup was essentially a second wind to the team. I have little doubt in my mind that without adding Thomas's bat in late May/early June, the Sox are worse record wise than 56-26 right now.

So, ya, I really think I can argue that.

Is Frank as good of a hitter Vlad is... no, but id argue Frank is just as important to our offense if not more than Vlad is to his.

Did you guys remeber our offense without Frank. Its crazy to think we won so many games without him when we would be so helpless offensively, Konerko, Dye, Uribe, Rowand, Crede, and Everett werent hitting anything b4 Frank returned and now that he is back everyone is starting to hit again even Crede has been pretty good and Dye has turned into a machine and Konerko has been great.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 11:07 PM)
Frank: 0.246 AVG, 10 HR, 18 RBI, 0.357 OBP, 0.710 SLG, 0 SB, 17 H in 24 G/69 AB

Vlad: 0.348 AVG, 15 HR, 48 RBI, 0.405 OBP, 0.607 SLG, 6 SB, 85 H in 64 G/244 AB

You're talking about a guy who has only had 70 ABs after sitting for 11 months. This is Spring Training for him, give him another month or so to get readjusted.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 10:05 PM)
They are good enough to be in the postseason, but look at how they do against quality pitching and quality teams

Beating Tampa Bay is one thing....beating the ANgels and Red Sox in the playoffs with their pitching and batting line up is another

Enjoy this season....I am doing it too.....but hopefully Kenny realizes this team may have issues in the playoffs and does something about it

I'm with you. I'm having a good time, but I'm ready for the second half to get going so we can get to the meat of our schedule and have a real gauge of where we stand for the post season. There's a lot of baseball left, a lot of games against Minny and Cleve. and the injury bug has been mostly kind to us.

My concern is that the toughest part of our schedule comes AFTER the trade deadline. Beating up on the TBs and KCs might give KW a false sense of where the team stands and casue him to not make a deal.

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 12:32 AM)
Do you really think you can argue this when you aren't in the clubhouse and dugouts with the teams?

If we can't speculate on anything without insider knowledge, might as well shut the site down right now.

The trib had a good article yesterday about the '93 Giants which many of you probably read.

The 1993 Giants owned a 10-game lead after play on July 22, only to get knocked out on the final day of the regular season.

I have a lot of hope and faith in this team but will remain cautiously optimistic until I see them celebrating on the mound after they clinch the division. It's a great team that continues to surprise me -- I gave up on them last night, they looked flat and lethargic. I've learned my lesson and won't do that again.

But the truth is that things can change very quickly. The Twins could make a trade and absolutely catch fire, especially with that pitching staff. I hate them, because they're very good and they scare me.

:gosox3:

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 12:49 PM)
The trib had a good article yesterday about the '93 Giants which many of you probably read.

I have a lot of hope and faith in this team but will remain cautiously optimistic until I see them celebrating on the mound after they clinch the division. It's a great team that continues to surprise me -- I gave up on them last night, they looked flat and lethargic. I've learned my lesson and won't do that again.

But the truth is that things can change very quickly. The Twins could make a trade and absolutely catch fire, especially with that pitching staff. I hate them, because they're very good and they scare me.

:gosox3:

That was also in the two division days with no wildcard. If we had to compete with the Angels or Boston it might be more interesting.

Obviously I'd rather have Vlad since he's younger and plays the field and is a better contact hitter, but I don't think he has as much of an impact on the rest of the lineup as Frank. He swings at so many pitches that he doesn't work the pitcher as well, and doesn't walk as much. The guys around Vlad just don't seem to hit any differently with him in the lineup or out of the lineup. Frank definitely seems to have a positive impact when he is in the lineup.