GAME THREAD 7-6-2005 SOX vs FISH

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
Cantu is pretty good. The Drays have some really, really good young hitters.

The homers don't bother me (okay they do)...but when he is throwing strikes he is pretty good and doesn't build up his pitch count..It is the walk that kill him..

He walke one or two people, hits someone with a pitch and then pitches a strike and gives up a bomb (that is why he has so many no decisions and few wins)..

But I'd rather see the strikes and maybe see him give up a homer or two or some singles but they are as damaging because the bases aren't juiced.

You cannot defend a walk -EVER... and still have to get the next hitter out.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 08:58 PM)
Bear down crew: I believe we will have ourselves the first of many Jenks sightings.

He's gonna be in.  I just feel it.

...literally, my house is shaking. :P

Cotts was up in the pen, though. So, will he come in for the 8th or 9th?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
Yep.  Jermaine is definitely athletic enough to make the transistion from RF to 1B.  You know, for next year...  :)

I said at the beginning of the game I love this lineup from an offensive stand point. I just love having Frank, Carl and Jermaine all out there in the same lineup without Pauly.

QUOTE(osxfreak @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 07:08 PM)
Yeah we can thank Hawk for me finding a place to direct my addiction LOL Cotts lookin good so far...

All right Hawk! Welcome to the party osx!

I got a feeling we'll see Jenks in the 8th...certianly in the 9th if we're still up by 5

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 09:07 PM)
Yep.  Jermaine is definitely athletic enough to make the transistion from RF to 1B.  You know, for next year...  :)

I like, I like a lot. Possible scenarios for next year if Konkero goes: Everett in Right, Thomas at DH

If Konerko and Thomas go: Big Free Agent in Right, Everett at DH.

QUOTE(osxfreak @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 09:08 PM)
Yeah we can thank Hawk for me finding a place to direct my addiction LOL Cotts lookin good so far...

Realistically they could pick up everett's option, let go of konerko, and put move dye to first as you suggested.

Edited by qwerty

Makes that Pitcher think about the possibility that the Long Ball can be hit at any time. Also love this lineup as far as offense goes.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 08:09 PM)
I said at the beginning of the game I love this lineup from an offensive stand point.  I just love having Frank, Carl and Jermaine all out there in the same lineup without Pauly.