GAME THREAD 7-6-2005 SOX vs FISH

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 01:46 AM)
you know by now, they only show up when we're losing.

I don't take offense to much that is said on message boards, but that's total bulls***. I'm on gamethreads nearly every single night, win or lose. Even the most optimistic of posters will stick up for me on this point.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 01:39 AM)
I agree with fathom. Frank is just too damn selfish. :angry:

Hell, I never said Frank can't hit homers. I made it clear that when I said I thought he was selfish because he's up there swinging for a homer every AB. When he connects, it's great and everyone is happy (rightfully so). Trust me, I was just as happy as anyone about last night's heroics.

I know this isn't probably the first thing that is of concern, but if Jenks was to come up and show great stuff/ability....he could be a very valuable trading piece. A lot of teams would be interested in a potential closer like Jenks. Lets just hope he does good. It's been a long path for him.

BOBBY!!!!

Bring him in!!!

He's up and ready, he'll be pitching the ninth.

Hopefully the first inning of a long and memorable career!

My face hurts from smiling so much tonight...this Jenks getting in thing is almost too much to handle. :lolhitting

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 09:32 PM)
I know this isn't probably the first thing that is of concern, but if Jenks was to come up and show great stuff/ability....he could be a very valuable trading piece.  A lot of teams would be interested in a potential closer like Jenks.  Lets just hope he does good.  It's been a long path for him.

I think we'd be trading Vizcaino or something and replacing him with Jenks if he succeeds.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 09:33 PM)
I think we'd be trading Vizcaino or something and replacing him with Jenks if he succeeds.

I don't really think jenks is apart of the white sox plans this year. He could be but it just doesn't make sense to me.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 02:32 AM)
I know this isn't probably the first thing that is of concern, but if Jenks was to come up and show great stuff/ability....he could be a very valuable trading piece.  A lot of teams would be interested in a potential closer like Jenks.  Lets just hope he does good.  It's been a long path for him.

To upgrade where? I think we all (myself included) have to start to realize that it's pretty unlikely that Williams will upgrade at a position player's spot. Even Crede's hotcorner -- they love his defense, and think his bat is servicable.

The spot where I bet we'll see a move made is at the relief spot -- and if Jenks comes up and shows he can do a decent job, then that takes a lot of pressure off of KW for making a move.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 07:33 PM)

When you have a 24 year old who can throw in the triple didgets...unless there's something seriously wrong with him you don't dare trade him. Never. Hell no.