GAME THREAD 7-6-2005 SOX vs FISH

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG that was beautiful. I'm not annoiting him a god or anything like that, but this guy has the potential to be a major addition down the stretch for the Sox.

Of course he's gonna have some games where he blows up (due to command issues). However, the potential is there.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 07:43 PM)
I'd be hard pressed to give up a guy like Jenks.  However, if he pitches like this before going back down to the minors a few more times, you know a heck of a lot of teams will be asking for him.

God...I swear to God...you do not part with a guy who can do this. Not at his age.

When you have a guy who can do that you have to get your money's worth from him before he becomes a free agent.

There are basically 2 guys in the league who can come in and destroy a team throwing 99 out of the pen...Wagner and Gagne. This kind of talent cannot be replaced. We will not see a guy come up like this from our organization for years.

QUOTE(osxfreak @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 07:48 PM)
Another great win and Love the new kid... AS long as he can get better control over that thing we might have a long time 99 mile man...

He was ahead of each of the last 3 hitters he faced...that's one hell of a good sign. And this ump wasn't very friendly today either. His first hitter...I'll give him that as just nerves.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 06:46 PM)
God...I swear to God...you do not part with a guy who can do this.  Not at his age.

When you have a guy who can do that you have to get your money's worth from him before he becomes a free agent.

There are basically 2 guys in the league who can come in and destroy a team throwing 99 out of the pen...Wagner and Gagne.  This kind of talent cannot be replaced.  We will not see a guy come up like this from our organization for years.

Hey I totally agree with you. Was just speaking in response to what the other poster was saying in regards to some potential strategy in the callup.

I think Jenks has the ability to be one of the 3 best relievers in all of baseball, if not the very best. Of course potential doesn't mean sure thing. Still the Sox haven't had a kid with this type of stuff in forever.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 09:04 PM)
Hey I totally agree with you.  Was just speaking in response to what the other poster was saying in regards to some potential strategy in the callup. 

I think Jenks has the ability to be one of the 3 best relievers in all of baseball, if not the very best.  Of course potential doesn't mean sure thing.  Still the Sox haven't had a kid with this type of stuff in forever.

This could really turn out to be Kenny Williams best move he's ever made and as we've know he's made some damn good ones. You just don't pick up a guy with this kind of stuff for nothing. Unreal. :headbang :headbang

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 10:06 PM)
This could really turn out to be Kenny Williams best move he's ever made and as we've know he's made some damn good ones.  You just don't pick up a guy with this kind of stuff for nothing.  Unreal. :headbang  :headbang

one of his many flying under the radar moves

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 02:57 PM)
I am thinking Pods-Rowand-Dye...and then some catchy slogan on top.

Maybe Pods stealing a base, Rowand in the field(catching a ball preferably), and Dye hitting

Will do.

I will work on it, on Friday.