Pods = All Star

GoArow33

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 09:58 PM)
Pods gets a $25,000 bonus this year...but here's the one I just learned...by making the AS Game this year...He gets another $75,000 bonus next year!

Scottie...GO BUY A CAR.

better yet he buehrle konerko and garland can go buy us jason schmidt ;) :huh

Dear Fans,

I want to personally thank everyone -- my friends, my family, White Sox fans, baseball fans in general, the Chicago White Sox organization and, of course, my teammates -- for showing their support for me during the past three days of online voting for the final spot on the American League All-Star Team.

The response has been amazing and humbling. Being named to the All-Star Team is a dream every 10-year-old enjoys when growing up playing baseball. Thanks to your votes, I will have the opportunity to fulfill those dreams on Tuesday night in Detroit at Major League Baseball's 76th All-Star Game.

It will be an experience I will never forget.

Thank you.

Scott

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 11:22 PM)
I am sure everyone will be thrilled to hear that harold reynolds said podsednik deserves to go to the all-star game.

I saw that. He didn't seem to enthusiastic.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 11:22 PM)
I am sure everyone will be thrilled to hear that harold reynolds said podsednik deserves to go to the all-star game.

Dude he was fighting back tears. And if Jeter won it would have lead off the show.

Of course he used the Matusi/Jeter spilit excuse. Why was that a non issue won Matsui won over the PK/Frank split?

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 11:25 PM)
Dude he was fighting back tears.  And if Jeter won it would have lead off the show.

Of course he used the Matusi/Jeter spilit excuse.  Why was that a non issue won Matsui won over the PK/Frank split?

The vote didn't get split at all. All Yankee fans voted for Jeter and all Japanese fans voted for Matsui, simple as that. They had to find some kind of excuse for Jeter not getting there.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 07:56 PM)
Dear Fans,

I want to personally thank everyone -- my friends, my family, White Sox fans, baseball fans in general, the Chicago White Sox organization and, of course, my teammates -- for showing their support for me during the past three days of online voting for the final spot on the American League All-Star Team.

The response has been amazing and humbling. Being named to the All-Star Team is a dream every 10-year-old enjoys when growing up playing baseball. Thanks to your votes, I will have the opportunity to fulfill those dreams on Tuesday night in Detroit at Major League Baseball's 76th All-Star Game.

Thank you.

Scott

Classy. He deserves it.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 02:32 PM)
I always liked him. Good guy, that Harold.

I didn't think it was possible to have someone not as likeable or just being a plain old idiot as Harold Reynolds. Steve Phillips has taken that honor now however.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 01:56 PM)
Dear Fans,

Thank you.

Scott

Hopefully this is going to help and Scott will remember this when we hammer out his next contract to stay on the Southside as well. He has 1 more year left on his current deal for $1,700,000 IIRC.

Everybody contributed to Pods making the AS team!

White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf revealed Wednesday that he stayed up late Tuesday, filing votes for Podsednik on-line. Podsednik added a few votes of his own, but he didn’t want to say how many.

I was in the middle of a rather serious meeting when the text message came across. I figured it was a game update and glanced at it to see that Pods won, I gave a WOW! and then had to explain. Thank God there was a couple baseball fans in the group. :D

I wonder when the last future All-Star for All-Star trade happened?

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 02:00 AM)
I just read about 30 pages of this thread ... and it was most of the most enjoyable Soxtalk reads I've ever had. :cheers

This thread will definately being going to the archives with the 2005 season in review.

This is what Soxtalk is all about.. :cheers