London England will host 2012 Olympics

southsider2k5

QUOTE(winodj @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 09:04 AM)
I was gonna slip em a 10 spot to make Michigan City the host town for the Summer Olympics. I figure they could use the pothole by first base at Ames Field for the torch fire.

Think of the possibilities...

-100 meter dash down Michigan Blvd.

-200 meter butterfly in Lake Michigan during undertows.

-Steeple chase down Mt Baldy

-Cycle races down the country roads

Why isn't Oberlie all over this???

QUOTE(winodj @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 09:00 AM)
They weren't allowed to serve dog at the concessions for the World Cup in Seoul. (Big controversy about that I remember) So they oughta put a ban on Haggis for the Olympics, IMHO.

Haggis = Delicious

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 10:45 AM)
Isn't Haggis Scottish though?

Yes, but it's still British, so I guess it's relevent.

Although, I never saw it served in England.....

What's all this talk about haggis, we got the Olympics! We beat Madrid, we beat New York, we beat Maoscow and we beat PARIS.

The food here is as diverse and as good as anywhere else in the world, no worse no better, but just as good. For that matter my teeth are as good as any of yours ( relating to a different forum ) as is my eyesight and my hearing. However my dress sense and the overall British sense of style is far superior to the average Americans. Likewise my understanding of the word irony. (no please don't go and look it up)

Anyway rant over.

God it is good to be British for once, and did I mention we beat the French?

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
What's all this talk about haggis, we got the Olympics! We beat Madrid, we beat New York, we beat Maoscow and we beat PARIS.

The food here is as diverse and as good as anywhere else in the world, no worse no better, but just as good. For that matter my teeth are as good as any of yours ( relating to a different forum ) as is my eyesight and my hearing. However my dress sense and the overall British sense of style is far superior to the average Americans. Likewise my understanding of the word irony. (no please don't go and look it up)

Anyway rant over.

God it is good to be British for once, and did I mention we beat the French?

:lol:

That's funny. England Defeats Paris. Kind of Like Dewey Defeats Truman, except true.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 11:59 PM)
:lol:

That's funny.  England Defeats Paris.  Kind of Like Dewey Defeats Truman, except true.

No, No, London beat Paris, Britain beat France. How I love typing that.

It's just like King George the 3rd beating Paul Revere and his mates.............er no maybe not ;)

Edited by DePloderer

I'd just like to go on record as to saying that I have a strong love of the UK and it is my no. 1 place to visit eventually. No place, and I mean NO PLACE in this world has given me so many great bands such as that joint. I know there is a seperation between England, Scotland and Ireland, but dammit, I need to set my feet on all of those lands.