Frank's homer last night

WilliamTell

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 10:47 AM)
That was 418 feet up, then 418 feet out. He tommy-hawked it outta there(to use one of Hawks phrases)

I don't know if he tommy-hawked it out of there as the pitch wasn't too high, but he certainly did murder it.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 11:29 AM)
All I know is we should all be bowing down to Frank... this guy is the offensive shot in the arm we were hoping for!

Now let's see some singles and less strikeouts. He's not quite back to old form yet.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 12:41 PM)
How many HR's is he on pace for. It has to be alot.

I'm sure his bat will come around... I wouldn't mind if he kept up this HR pace though...

At this rate if he played 162 games he'd be looking at 67.5

Even though he may not be hitting a lot of singles, a lot of his HRs have come at crucial parts of games:

His first one of the year vs. CLE to tie the game

Last week against DET to give us the lead

Last night to give us the lead

I'm sure there's more, been at least his HRs haven't been meaningless.

Edited by robinventura23

I still say it's a mistake to assume that when one of the best hitters of our generation takes 1 year off of baseball for an injury and has his average drop a bit when he comes back, his average will stay that low.

Anywho...the guys on BBTN last night showed that clip...and they literally almost burst into laughter...I believe there were a few "wows" spoken, amongst some other things. They gave that blast some decent credit.

QUOTE(soxfan3530 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 01:14 PM)
BBTN even game his some love last night. they were all just cracking up about how far it went and like two highlights later, the host ( cant remember who it was) goes and thomas' homer has just landed.

Kruk and Reynolds were amazed and couldnt stop talking about it everytime they showed the replay.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 12:41 PM)
How many HR's is he on pace for. It has to be alot.

I'm sure his bat will come around... I wouldn't mind if he kept up this HR pace though...

by doing some simple multiplication, and assuming Frank plays in 70 of the final 80 games remaining in the season. he will finish with 35.9 (36) homeruns.

If he actually played all 80 of the remaining games on the schedule, he would hit 39.6 (40) homeruns.

However, this pace is ridiculous, and for Thomas to finish with 30 homeruns would be quite the feat.

Now back to voting for Scotty-Pods

Edited by Steve9347

I seem to recall Frank insisting that he was a power hitter last year or the year before, and that he would sacrifice batting average for bombs.

Any chance you think he may be taking advantage of the ankle situation to continue this approach at the plate?

....just asking....put down the torches and the rocks..... :D

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 02:28 PM)
I seem to recall Frank insisting that he was a power hitter last year or the year before, and that he would sacrifice batting average for bombs.

Any chance you think he may be taking advantage of the ankle situation to continue this approach at the plate?

HE'S A WITCH, BURN HIM!!!!!! :chair :fight :whip

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
I think it would be so cool if he was able to hit 40 HR's this year in limited playing time...

I definately think he'll hit 30, which is awesome. If he hits 40, f***in' fugettaboutit. I can't wait to be at the game where he hits 500! :gosox1:

Are you guys kidding? 30 Hrs in about 3/5 of a season? 20 HRs would be a huge accomplishment for the big guy. 30 Hrs would put him at about 50 Hrs for a full season, which Frank has never really been that close to doing in a full year (I believe 43 was his high). The HR pace will slow, and the average will rise as he gets comfortable.

well kind of last night he said that he's not trying to hit homers but then they asked him about that homer that brought tad and pods in and he said "i was just trying hit it out and get everyone home" or something like that