Would you trade for Kerry Wood?

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 01:39 PM)
In a heartbeat. This team needs a true power pitcher.

Wood doesn't throw any harder than Garcia or Contreras. There's no way I'd pay what the Cubs would want. I'm sure they'd demand minimally our top 2 prospects, and we'd end up paying his salary. That's too much for an inconsistent career NL pitcher with a bad injury history.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 01:54 PM)
Wood doesn't throw any harder than Garcia or Contreras. There's no way I'd pay what the Cubs would want. I'm sure they'd demand minimally our top 2 prospects, and we'd end up paying his salary. That's too much for an inconsistent career NL pitcher with a bad injury history.

Um, not that I want to trade for him, because I don't, but Wood hit 98 MPH in his last outting. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Freddy and Jose don't hit 98.

Either way, Wood sucks and I don't want him.

Garcia? Contreras? Politte? Marte? Jenks?  :huh:

Wood can't throw f***ing strikes or stay healthy, and he is overpaid.

Wood has more power than Garcia, Contreras has all sorts of special problems, and the others are relievers, one of whom has virtually no MLB experience (though I am very high on Jenks at the moment)

Wood has demonstrated that, when healthy, he can lead a team to the playoffs (and that he can win in the playoffs...yes, there's Game 7, but he won his other playoff starts in a dominating fashion)