Happy Birthday Mr. President!!

Controlled Chaos

It sounds like the guy he ran into took some decent damage...

"Scott confirmed that POTUS collided with a police officer during his bike ride. He was about 45 minutes into his ride, Scott said, when the accident occurred. The officer was in a security detail on the grounds of Gleneagles. The President slid on the paved surface, suffering scrapes on his hands and arms that later required treatment and bandaging by his White House physician. The officer was taken to a local hospital as a precaution, Scott said. The extent of his harm wasn't immediately clear, although he might have an ankle injury. The president had been riding -- speed undetermined -- on the road. Scott declined to name the officer, preferring to leave that to his department, identified by WH as Strethclyde Police Department. The President was mostly concerned about the officer's condition and "visited" with him for some time. Mr. Bush also asked Dr. Richard Tubb the WH physician to monitor the officer's situation at the hospital. Scott said the President likely would call the officer later. POTUS's evening plans were not disrupted and Scott said he is "fine." The presidential bike suffered some damage however and the President, who had been riding with a Secret Service agent, went back to the hotel in a SS Suburban that had been trailing.

John D. McKinnon

The Wall Street Journal"

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 02:29 PM)
I wonder how many more times that stupid lie is going to be repeated around here.

:rolly

What, are you guys dating? I can't poke fun at the president? I could careless if he did cocaine or not...I just think its funny.

Maybe Clinton will send Monica over to jump out of his birthday cake.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 02:14 PM)
What, are you guys dating?  I can't poke fun at the president?  I could careless if he did cocaine or not...I just think its funny.

Maybe Clinton will send Monica over to jump out of his birthday cake.

If you want to poke fun at him because he mis-speaks during his speeches that's funny.

If you want to poke fun at him because of his Texas Drawl that's funny.

If you want to perpetuate a lie about past cocaine use that's NOT funny.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
If you want to poke fun at him because he mis-speaks during his speeches that's funny. 

If you want to poke fun at him because of his Texas Drawl that's funny.

If you want to perpetuate a lie about past cocaine use that's NOT funny.

Bush has said that he did not use illegal drugs at any time since 1974 ([14]), but he has declined to discuss whether he used drugs before 1974 ([15]).

In February 2004, Eric Boehlert in Salon magazine claimed that Bush's cessation of flying in April, 1972 and his subsequent refusal to take a physical exam came at the same time the Air Force announced its Medical Service Drug Abuse Testing Program, which was officially launched April 21. Boehlert said "according to Maj. Jeff Washburn, the chief of the National Guard's substance abuse program, a random drug-testing program was born out of that regulation and administered to guardsmen such as Bush. The random tests were unrelated to the scheduled annual physical exams, such as the one that Bush failed to take in 1972, a failure that resulted in his grounding." Boehlert remarks that the drug testing took years to implement, but "as of April 1972, Air National guardsmen knew random drug testing was going to be implemented". [22]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bus...use_controversy

QUOTE(winodj @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:38 AM)
Hey, let's leave Salon out of this.

I happen to like them a lot - as biased as they are.

Used to like National Review too.

OK, lets make a deal. I won't bring up salon and you won't bring up Fox News. :P