Happy Birthday Mr. President!!

Controlled Chaos

LMAO.

I just saw this going down a road that it didn't need to.

Flaxx, I know you're a beer man, but what are your feelings on Black Velvet and Grand Marnier? Made my voyage into that realm of liquors over my birthday.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 04:45 PM)
LMAO.

I just saw this going down a road that it didn't need to.

Flaxx, I know you're a beer man, but what are your feelings on Black Velvet and Grand Marnier? Made my voyage into that realm of liquors over my birthday.

I think Grand Marnier is a great liquour that is rteally versitile in mixed drinks. A margarity made with Marnier (or Cointreau) instead of triple sec is a nice change of pace, and it makes a good Tom Collins as well.

To me, Black Velvet is 1/2 Guinness and 1/2 champaigne.. I'm not familiar with teh liquour by that name, but the Guinness/champaigne drink is outstanding. We served them at our wedding.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 04:54 PM)
I think Grand Marnier is a great liquour that is rteally versitile in mixed drinks.  A margarity made with Marnier (or Cointreau) instead of triple sec is a nice change of pace, and it makes a good Tom Collins as well.

To me, Black Velvet is 1/2 Guinness and 1/2 champaigne.. I'm not familiar with teh liquour by that name, but the Guinness/champaigne drink is outstanding.  We served them at our wedding.

I've never had a Guiness and Champaigne (I am certain a sparkling wine from California could be substituted) but will have to give it a try.

I do enjoy a black and tan when I can find guiness on draft. Fitting we should be discussing getting hammered in the President's birthday thread.

And I should add

Los Cumpleaños felices Sr. Presidente

Alright Nuke, no coke references. I'll go for what he admitted -- being a boozehound. During his time in the TANG (TX Air Nat'l Guard), Junior on more than one occasion " stripped off his uniform and danced nude on top of the bar while lip-syching to rowdy George Jones jukebox tunes such as White Lightning."

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
Alright Nuke, no coke references.  I'll go for what he admitted -- being a boozehound.  During his time in the TANG (TX Air Nat'l Guard), Junior on more than one occasion " stripped off his uniform and danced nude on top of the bar while lip-syching to rowdy George Jones jukebox tunes such as White Lightning."

And there's something wrong with this?

QUOTE(mreye @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)
And there's something wrong with this?

Um, I think it's safe to say that of all the country greats Johnny Cash is the only one for naked bar lip synching/dancing. Duh!!!!!

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:04 PM)
Well for him to come from such a moralist family and himself promote such a moralist agenda, then yes I would say that it is a bit hypocritical.

Silly you, you can get away with all kinds of youthful depravity as long as you don't forget to get yourself all born again so you can lord your newfound moral superiority over the rest of us who somehow managed to never hit rock bottom in the first place. :angry:

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:04 PM)
Well for him to come from such a moralist family and himself promote such a moralist agenda, then yes I would say that it is a bit hypocritical.

That was then and this is now. Bush swore off the firewater something like 25 years ago and has been a man of good faith and morals since then. A liberal like you should be a lot less quick to judge someone who has cleaned up his life than a nasty 'ol conservative like me.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 08:50 PM)
If you want to poke fun at him because of his Texas Drawl that's funny.

I'm in charge of security, bless your hearts, y'all better not be poking fun of a Texas drawl or I'll me fixin' to suspend y'all.

Knocking down celebs and leaders is an American game, not reserved for any single group.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:27 PM)
That was then and this is now.  Bush swore off the firewater something like 25 years ago and has been a man of good faith and morals since then.  A liberal like you should be a lot less quick to judge someone who has cleaned up his life than a nasty 'ol conservative like me.

Good faith and morals -- hahahahahahahahahahaha. Yes, denying people equal rights, starting a war that his own church said was immoral and illegal (he didn't even have the guts to meet with the bishop of his local church to talk to him about it during the buildup to war after numerous calls from the bishop)

So please don't talk about Bush having good values and morals.