Work dress code...

Steff

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 08:30 PM)
Well.. one of the things I have heard and seen is some females abusing what is actually a "capri". Some of them are wearing them at knee length which they consider shorts. Then there are those females who are 5 feet tall and 200lbs trying to fit into a size 2... Then there are some wearing 2" heels with them. It's crazy and ruining it for those of us that wear the tailored ones.

That's stupid. As anyone with half an eye for fashion will tell your bosses--those are actually peddle pushers--not capris. Someone buy them a Vogue or something.

Although, heels, imo, are a must with Capris--otherwise the calf can look a little bulky--even on a very slim woman.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
That's stupid. As anyone with half an eye for fashion will tell your bosses--those are actually peddle pushers--not capris. Someone buy them a Vogue or something.

Although, heels, imo, are a must with Capris--otherwise the calf can look a little bulky--even on a very slim woman.

Peddle Pushers?

I gotta get out more, or at the very least talk to you more Soxy, I don't know what in the heck that means. :crying

I don't know all the details or all your office politics. but here's my guess based on similar experience. The good looking girl got singled out because she looked good in them and probably caught the men's eyes. The other women in the office noticed it and went crying to someone about it. It wasn't a problem when the 300 lb. women were doing it because no one was checking them out.

How's that for a stab in the dark?

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:47 PM)
Hmmmmmmmmm...sour grapes on her part?

You have to eat a lot of, um, guff at the workplace, this seems like "just-another-day" sort of thing to me.  Is there something else charging such a volatile response? :huh

"Volatile response"...? On who's part..? :huh

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)
I don't know all the details or all your office politics. but here's my guess based on similar experience. The good looking girl got singled out because she looked good in them and probably caught the men's eyes. The other women in the office noticed it and went crying to someone about it. It wasn't a problem when the 300 lb. women were doing it because no one was checking them out.

Gene will be here within the hour to give you his tinfoil hat to wear. :lol:

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)
Peddle Pushers?

I gotta get out more, or at the very least talk to you more Soxy, I don't know what in the heck that means.  :crying

Actually, it's a good thing.

...we don't want you dating yourself. :P :P

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)

Oh no no... I'm talking stiletto eff me pumps. They look trashy. Some have even worn those lace up things that tie up the calf. Looks very tacky. I wear a heel with mine but not that high. More like the slide heels. They are an inch I guess (without going downstairs to measure them.. lol)

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)

That's what our group has concluded. Those who can't, cry.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:55 PM)
Well, you mentioned she may seek legal action.

No I didn't. I said it would not surprise me if she did. She wouldn't though. To nice of a gal.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)
Peddle Pushers?

I gotta get out more, or at the very least talk to you more Soxy, I don't know what in the heck that means.  :crying

Maybe you would know them if I spelled it right. Pedal pushers as opposed to capris.

And of course you should talk to me more. Who couldn't use a heaping spoonful of Soxy every day? No one. :D

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 08:55 PM)
Oh no no... I'm talking stiletto eff me pumps. They look trashy. Some have even worn those lace up things that tie up the calf. Looks very tacky. I wear a heel with mine but not that high. More like the slide heels. They are an inch I guess (without going downstairs to measure them.. lol)

Oh, that's not cool. I usually wear platform slides or kitten heels with mine. I'm 5'8" so high heels just make me look like a friggin' amazon--but kitten heels or pumps simply make me look imposing. :)

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:02 PM)
Maybe you would know them if I spelled it right. Pedal pushers as opposed to capris.

And of course you should talk to me more. Who couldn't use a heaping spoonful of Soxy every day? No one.  :D

Sadly, the spelling had nothing to do with it. However, after seeing the picture I don't know if I like knowing what they are.

As for what you said at the end there, my mind went right into the gutter after reading that. Therefore I think I'm out of the running to talk to you that often.

Unless you like that sorta of thing. :huh

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:03 PM)
Oh, that's not cool. I usually wear platform slides or kitten heels with mine. I'm 5'8" so high heels just make me look like a friggin' amazon--but kitten heels or pumps simply make me look imposing. :)

Kitten heels? I gotta stop reading this thread.

I'm taller than you. :chair

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:07 PM)
Sadly, the spelling had nothing to do with it. However, after seeing the picture I don't know if I like knowing what they are.

As for what you said at the end there, my mind went right into the gutter after reading that. Therefore I think I'm out of the running to talk to you that often.

Unless you like that sorta of thing. :huh

For some reason that makes me think of:

Ooooooh, it'th a lady!

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:10 PM)
Kitten heels? I gotta stop reading this thread.

I'm taller than you.  :chair

Kitten heels, very flattering without being unprofessional and amazon like.

Taller than me, huh? Maybe I should talk to you more often!

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:11 PM)
For some reason that makes me think of:

Ooooooh, it'th a lady!

That is funny. However, I'm not that smooth. If there was a rumbling, bumbling, stumbling ladies man, that'd be me. :)

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:12 PM)
Kitten heels, very flattering without being unprofessional and amazon like.

Taller than me, huh? Maybe I should talk to you more often!

wow, those are big shoes. I wear a size 13 shoe. Not that anybody cares.

Eh, I don't post to much, so that's not the best idea for you. Seems like most recently I end up in threads like this with. :wub:

QUOTE(winodj @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 03:29 PM)
It's odd because at my job, I HAVE to wear Capri pants.

Or is that drink Capri Sun?

I can never remember...

I believe you have to drive a Capri, check the employee manual :D