At least its not Timo

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 02:48 PM)
This is interesting...wonder if Dye can do this.  Would be nice to have that option.  I guess we'll find out.

I am not worried about ground balls, its more of scooping out the throw in the dirt.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
This is why Ross Gload needs to receive a roster spot whenever he's actually healthy...

Does this spell the end of our arch-nemisis Timo Perez. He has had no playing time lately. And has been overlooked for someone who has had no experiences at 1st. I figure the G-Load will be coming up after the break.

The only way Willie gets dropped is if like Jim had alluded to, he is more of a clubhouse issue than has been reported.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 06:50 AM)
I'll be interested to see how this works out, this could definitely be an option for next year.  Anderson in right, Jermaine at first.

That's what a lot of us would like to see, but I don't think Anderson is going to be an everyday player next season JMHO, or at least the Sox are going to have someone for him to platoon with.

Hopefully, Timo is out shopping for luggage. It was hilarious seeing that midget playing 1B last month. At least Dye has some height. But for the love of God, when is Gload coming back?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 02:54 PM)
That's what a lot of us would like to see, but I don't think Anderson is going to be an everyday player next season JMHO, or at least the Sox are going to have someone for him to platoon with.

Rotating Dye in and out of RF and 1st base with G-Load at 1st and Anderson in RF as a platoon system.

Plus that money they save on Kong can be used for other needs.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
Hopefully, Timo is out shopping for luggage.  It was hilarious seeing that midget playing 1B last month.  At least Dye has some height.  But for the love of God, when is Gload coming back?

He should be back already, hopefully they bring him back soon.

Nice to see the Sunday/Sweep lineup back in action. Well, I'm looking forward to it just as much as the rest of you, but, the next time Ozzie wonders why he isn't taken seriously on the national forum, he need not look any further than:

Perez 1B

or

Dye 1B

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 02:58 PM)
Nice to see the Sunday/Sweep lineup back in action.  Well, I'm looking forward to it just as much as the rest of you, but, the next time Ozzie wonders why he isn't taken seriously on the national forum, he need not look any further than:

Perez 1B

or

Dye 1B

Konerko needs a day off, Konerko's also been scuffling, we have no one to back up first at this point, so I'm all for this move.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 06:58 AM)
Rotating Dye in and out of RF and 1st base with G-Load at 1st and Anderson in RF as a platoon system. 

Plus that money they save on Kong can be used for other needs.

Casey Rogowski could figure into that rotation as well especially if Gload is moved in a deadline deal.

Pro ball players can play just about any position. It isn't that big of a deal as it is made out to be when something like this happens. I'm sure Dye has played a lot of first base in his baseball lifetime, I think he will do just fine tonight.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 03:58 PM)
Nice to see the Sunday/Sweep lineup back in action.  Well, I'm looking forward to it just as much as the rest of you, but, the next time Ozzie wonders why he isn't taken seriously on the national forum, he need not look any further than:

Perez 1B

or

Dye 1B

This is totally why Gload needs to be here instead of timo. Sometimes I really don't understand this team at all.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
Has Dye played first base before? Anyways I wish I could see this.

According to the score Dye played there 7 years ago in the minors. He was also interviewed and said it isnt a big deal, the he played 3rd a few times in an emergency before.