Nice shoutout!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:10 AM)
What was the context of the plug?

Did a caller mention our site or one of the panelists?

Mike Bloomberg talking about sPods getting voted into the AS Game:

"Hawk Harrelson gave credit during the broadcast to Soxtalk.com appaerantly they had phone lines up and their internet just going all over the place and they were voting non-stop"

I didn't say it made a whole hell of a lot of sense.

Yea that was awesome! i was about to go upstairs, and i heard hawk say Soxtalk..i was like whoa what! and he's talking about voting pods in, and we gave him like 10s of thousands of votes! and that's so awesome! i was like wow..cool!!

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:25 AM)
That was awesome hearing it, but I can't even imagine how many boneheads could be signing up here soon because of the plug...

That's exactly what I've been thinking but it will also bring people here who didn't know that Soxtalk existed that might actually know a thing or two about Baseball.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 01:29 AM)
That's exactly what I've been thinking but it will also bring people here who didn't know that Soxtalk existed that might actually know a thing or two about Baseball.

...instead of the usual posters that we have now. :bang

Way to go, guys!! Since getting booted from the other site, I have come to enjoy Soxtalk a lot. Have they ever had an on-air mention?

and I was on pins and needles for Scotty - it had to have been a landslide. He deserves to be there and we came through for him! Go us!!

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)

Exactly, the bad ones will be weeded out quickly but I'm sure we'll get plenty of good posters and readers from the shoutout that will help make the board even better and more knowledgeable.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:37 AM)
Way to go, guys!!  Since getting booted from the other site, I have come to enjoy Soxtalk a lot.  Have they ever had an on-air mention?

and I was on pins and needles for Scotty - it had to have been a landslide.  He deserves to be there and we came through for him!  Go us!!

Brooks plugged the site during a radio interview during this year's SoxFest, IIRC.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 09:37 PM)
Way to go, guys!!  Since getting booted from the other site, I have come to enjoy Soxtalk a lot.  Have they ever had an on-air mention?

and I was on pins and needles for Scotty - it had to have been a landslide.  He deserves to be there and we came through for him!  Go us!!

This was definately a 1st for being on a game. I know SoxNet got a few mentions and Soxtalk has had some on the radio (mainly from call-ins) but thats about it.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
Audio Clip of the Shoutout

Major Props to Mike for sending this email in and props goes to Kalapse for recording this and sending me the mp3 file of it. 

:cheers

I feel like a bigger loser than usual because hearing that audio clip put a big smile on my face... :P

I love you guys! :wub:

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
Audio Clip of the Shoutout

Major Props to Mike for sending this email in and props goes to Kalapse for recording this and sending me the mp3 file of it. 

:cheers

Definately owe a big thanks to Kalapse for capturing that file and transfering it to MP3 format.

Like I said, you all deserve tons of credit. I really believe without you guys who voted their asses off, we'd all be b****ing about another Yankee on the All-Star team. All the credit goes to you guys.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 08:53 PM)
That was awesome guys!!! Seriously I wanted you all to get your props.  I will swear til the day I day that you all got Scotty Pods on the All-Star team.  Don't thank me, thank yourselves :cheers

Add 10,000 posts to your total for that one :cheers

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 11:37 PM)

Wills used to mention WSI a lot during the postgame shows.

WSI also gets mentioned in the newspapers quite a bit.

Nice to see Soxtalk get a shout from the Hawkaroo and Feisty!

I am surprised by this, though....I didn't think Mike ever stopped posting here long enough to compose an email..... :P

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:47 AM)
I feel like a bigger loser than usual because hearing that audio clip put a big smile on my face...    :P

I love you guys!    :wub:

Join the club :cheers

But, ahem, I Love You Gals :wub: