Biggest Suprise This Season

soxfan3530

Who is the biggest suprise this year?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the biggest suprise this year?

• SOX
    • NATIONALS

lol@anybody who voted the Sox. Guys, we're having an amazing season, but not one person on this planet had the Nationals doing anything close to what they've done so far. I'd say the 3 biggest surprises are the Nationals, Sox, Yankees. Yankees, of course, for sucking so bad.

Edited by Jordan4life_2005

um are you joking.. you guys need to stop using the "I thought the Sox would be good" theres no way anyone thought the Sox would be 30 games over and the best team in baseball..

The Expos always had some solid foundation they were just stuck in Montreal with no fans moving playing in Puerto Rico and whatever.. they finally get a home and they add some quality players.. Im not too surprised by them, but I am absoloutley shocked by what our team has done..

I thought we would be solid and could win the division yes, but look at our freaking record, we are on pace for over 110 wins this is insane, there is no way this cant be the biggest surprise this season..

My hat is off to the Nats, who are now my hometown team. And since I haven't rooted for an NL team in a very long time, I was ready to adopt them. Heck, they have some former Sox players, like Loiaza, Majewski, and Rauch (in the minors). But then I went to their 3rd game with my 2-1/2 year old son and they had the PA system cranked painfully loud. It literally hurt to sit in the upper deck. I left after 3 innings. (The Nats rallied to beat the D-backs. Esteban Loiaza was pitching.) My worst experience, by far, at any major league sporting event. I sent a letter and returned my ticket stubs. No response. A couple months later some Nats people came to the building where I work trying to promote the team. They gave me the name of someone to e-mail. He responded with a weak apology about my "disappointment." (I wasn't disappointed, I was tortured. It really was awful. My son, whenever he sees baseball on the TV, says "too loud.")

So I guess I'm pleased that they are beating the mighty Braves, but I'm still having some trouble pulling for them. (They also summarily fired someone I knew who was in their press department because the GM wanted to give the job to his friend.) It also bugs me a bit that they are stealing some attention from the Sox in a year that could be the best ever for a White Sox team.

To answer the question then, I believe the Nats have likely been the bigger surprise to this point, but I think the Sox will carry it through to the end. And if the Sox play in or win the World Series this year, then definitely the Sox will have been the biggest surprise in baseball for as long as I've been a fan.

Whenever you were the expos and turned out to be good, that's the bigger surprise. I never expected the Nats to be .500, but to be leading their division is pretty damn impressive. I didn't expect the Sox to be this good either, but the Nats are the bigger surprise.

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)
um are you joking.. you guys need to stop using the "I thought the Sox would be good" theres no way anyone thought the Sox would be 30 games over and the best team in baseball..

The Expos always had some solid foundation they were just stuck in Montreal with no fans moving playing in Puerto Rico and whatever.. they finally get a home and they add some quality players.. Im not too surprised by them, but I am absoloutley shocked by what our team has done..

I thought we would be solid and could win the division yes, but look at our freaking record, we are on pace for over 110 wins this is insane, there is no way this cant be the biggest surprise this season..

A lot of us thought the Sox were going to be very good, this good-well no because this is nuts but either way the Nats are still the biggest surprise, the Nats were a team most thought would finish last in that division and they're winning the east right now.

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 10:59 PM)

Ah hell. I knew it all the time. ;)

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 10:59 PM)

I actually told Knightni in like Feb that I thought the Sox were gonna be awesome...like really awesome

Not sure he remembers, but I did

It has to be the Nats, I mean if they kept Vazquez and Vlad I would of expected this but when your big f/a's are guzman and castilla neither who has been that good and your this much improved. Well Guillen is a big boost but than Vidro has also been injured for practically the whole season.