AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 03:01 AM)
Would anyone of you trade Jenks as part of a package to get a starting pitcher or do you think he should be untouchable...

For the right player, I'd trade Jenks. However, the player would have to more than a one-year rental. The two players who come to mind that would be great additions would be Lidge or Dunn. However, we have no need for someone like Dunn right now.

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 10:01 PM)
Would anyone of you trade Jenks as part of a package to get a starting pitcher or do you think he should be untouchable...

It was one game, but he looked good. I think he should be held on to, this years K-Rod.

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 08:01 PM)

GOD NO.

There are exactly 2 people in the big leagues right now who can come in out of the bullpen and throw triple digits. 1 of them is on the DL until next year. The other one is Billy Wagner.

We have this kid for a pittance for years until he's a free agent. YOU ABSOLUTELY CANNOT TRADE A KID LIKE THIS. There are exactly 2 others in the league like him. In other words...NO MATTER WHAT YOU GET FOR HIM...you will give up more. YOU CANNOT REPLACE A TALENT LIKE THAT.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 09:03 PM)
Ozzie Guillens post game comments:

"Believe me I manage like there is a half game lead, I make my players play like there is a half game lead.  I dont believe in 10 1/2 game leads.  I dont believe in 12 1/2 game leads. I believe in winning."

I like to hear that.

I think he ment Kids!

Beating the teams we're supposed to beat. Why couldn't we do this under Jerry Manuel? Anyway, great all around game tonight. Jose rebounded with a very nice start. The offense was great. The pen came in and did the job. Just a great all around night. Oh yeah. 10 1/2 game lead in the central. :cheers

I was going to start a thread about how great it is to be a Sox fan today, but this one will suffice.

1. Sweeping another series.

2. Pods beating two Yank$ to make the AS game.

3. Frank back from the DL and CRUSHING the ball.

4. Sox bring up a kid with a cannon for the bull pen.

5. 31 games over .500

6. Last but not least..... A double digit lead!

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 02:58 AM)
I was going to start a thread about how great it is to be a Sox fan today, but this one will suffice.

1.  Sweeping another series.

2.  Pods beating two Yank$ to make the AS game.

3. Frank back from the DL and CRUSHING the ball.

4. Sox bring up a kid with a cannon for the bull pen.

5.  31 games over .500

6. Last but not least..... A double digit lead!

Does soxtalk.com getting mentioned in two places count? :P