2006 Firstbaseman

IndplsSoxFan

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 09:35 PM)
Paul Konerko will re-sign as the Sox 1Bman. Frank Thomas will be back as the DH and Dye will play RF. Carl Everett may be gone, but then again maybe not. Rumor is that he might be on the trading block. Brian Anderson and/or Joe Borchard will be the 4th and/or 5th OF'er. Timo will be gone also so the question will be do we sign a reserve IF'er or have the 5th OF'er? Dye will not be playing at IB. I love Frank Thomas, but to say PK will not be there simply because Thomas hit the homer last night only goes to show that old saying, "what have you done for me lately." Lately in this case meaning last night. We shouldn't think so negatively or be so near sighted.

:huh: Wanting PK to move on has nothing to do with tonight. He's going to make a ton of money this offseason and he just isn't worth it. Personally I don't think he's worth very much at all.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
He really does, I love Ross as a hitter, drives the ball to all fields, very solid clutch hitter, he can definitely run for a 1 bagger.  I'm a big Ross Gload fan.

Anyone know if Leo Daigle is for real?

http://www.futuresox.com/modules.php?name=...article&sid=153

http://minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/st...milb&pid=440364

"Winston-Salem, NC - The Chicago White Sox made two Warthogs' player moves Wednesday. First baseman, Leo Daigle, was promoted to AAA Charlotte. Taking his place is Michael Spidale, who was receieved from Charlotte. The active roster is at 25.

Daigle, at the time of his promotion, was leading the Carolina League's triple crown. Daigle was batting .362 with 24 home runs and 85 RBIs in 74 games.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)
:huh: Wanting PK to move on has nothing to do with tonight.  He's going to make a ton of money this offseason and he just isn't worth it.  Personally I don't think he's worth very much at all.

I would rather take his contract and make certain that Mark Buehrle doesn't pitch anywhere else until he's like 33.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 10:35 PM)
Paul Konerko will re-sign as the Sox 1Bman. Frank Thomas will be back as the DH and Dye will play RF. Carl Everett may be gone, but then again maybe not. Rumor is that he might be on the trading block. Brian Anderson and/or Joe Borchard will be the 4th and/or 5th OF'er. Timo will be gone also so the question will be do we sign a reserve IF'er or have the 5th OF'er? Dye will not be playing at IB. I love Frank Thomas, but to say PK will not be there simply because Thomas hit the homer last night only goes to show that old saying, "what have you done for me lately." Lately in this case meaning last night. We shouldn't think so negatively or be so near sighted.

I told you that guy was a quack. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 03:14 AM)
Everett's a free agent and almost certainly will not be back next year...Frank for sure is a higher priority.

Only way Everett comes back is if KW trades for him mid-season again.

Absolutely Frank Thomas has to stay with the Sox. With 11 HRs in 72 ABs, JR cannot let the best hitter ever to play for the team go. You can see Frank is on a mission to reach 500 dingers and beyond, but he's also bought completely into Ozzie-ball.

But I also wonder if Everett won't be willing to re-sign for not much money. (Then I noticed that someone said the team has an option. If that's true, I'm guessing we'll exercise it.) He ought to realize this is the only team where he is going to play well. And he's at the point in his career where he's great in the role he's in, but would likely struggle as a full-time player.

I actually wonder why Ozzie hasn't tried Everett at first while Gload rehabs.

Edited by VAfan

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 03:21 AM)
he hasnt played a full season so how can you judge it

Gload's career high for homers in a season -- 18, in 508 AB's at Charlotte.

Powerful is the last word that should be used to describe Gload.

EDIT: And I'm one of Gload's biggest fans. But, you should be happy if he got 15 HRs in a full season of ABs. Like qwert said, good gap power -- 40+ doubles twice, 30+ three times.

Edited by CWSGuy406

Dye has been the guy I've been asking for at 1B for some time. I remember being shot down by a lot of people too. Like when I proposed us trading PK for Griffey and sticking Dye at 1B. Eh well. Hopefully he could give Paul a few days off when he needs it. And if the White Sox could resign Everett for what he's getting paid now or slightly higher, I think I would keep him for at least a year and have Anderson be mentored with the big club and have him be the 4th OF.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 03:35 AM)

Ok, for one Joe Borchard is probably as good as gone, Brian Anderson isnt going to be the 4th OF, if he doesnt start in the big leagues which I think he will than he will stay in Charlotte. And no one is really saying Frank should stay just because of the HR... Frank should stay because of the impact he has on this offense and the fact he is a >>> hitter than Konerko.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:07 AM)
Ok, for one Joe Borchard is probably as good as gone, Brian Anderson isnt going to be the 4th OF, if he doesnt start in the big leagues which I think he will than he will stay in Charlotte.  And no one is really saying Frank should stay just because of the HR... Frank should stay because of the impact he has on this offense and the fact he is a >>> hitter than Konerko.

Joe Borchard isn't that experiment over yet. The sox aren't getting their 5 mil back. As for value on the team I would say that PAUlie would get us the most for us in a trade. A power hitting first baseman and like Crede are free agents at the end of the year. I like Paulie he's good for the team but if we got the right player I think KW would pull the trigger. Look at Schmidt who is not my choice they are asking a lot. Paulie would demand a lot too.

QUOTE(forrestg @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 04:44 AM)
Joe Borchard isn't that experiment over yet.  The sox aren't getting their 5 mil back. As for value on the team  I would say that PAUlie would get us the most for us  in a trade.  A power hitting first baseman and like Crede are free  agents at the end of the year. I like Paulie he's good for the team but if we got the right player I think KW would pull the trigger. Look at Schmidt who is not my choice they are asking a lot.  Paulie would demand a lot too.

Don't look now, but Borchard is starting to hit in Charlotte.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:47 AM)
Don't look now, but Borchard is starting to hit in Charlotte.

Even though he has done nothing but suck in the majors. I really like rooting for Borchard he seems like a great guy that always gives his best. If we werent so stacked with OF's in the minors Id say it would of been worth keeping hold of him.