Podsednik thanks the fans

greasywheels121

No, thank you Scott! :cheers :gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox3:

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/ar...tives&fext=.jsp

Dear Fans,

I want to personally thank everyone -- my friends, my family, White Sox fans, baseball fans in general, the Chicago White Sox organization and, of course, my teammates -- for showing their support for me during the past three days of online voting for the final spot on the American League All-Star Team.

The response has been amazing and humbling. Being named to the All-Star Team is a dream every 10-year-old enjoys when growing up playing baseball. Thanks to your votes, I will have the opportunity to fulfill those dreams on Tuesday night in Detroit at Major League Baseball's 76th All-Star Game.

It will be an experience I will never forget.

Thank you.

Scott

Scottie....

:notworthy :headbang :notworthy

We started this season with John Kruk telling us how embarassing it was that on a freezing cold night we weren't drawing a crowd to the Cell to watch the team play the Royals.

Tonight...we passed the test. We just out-voted the biggest city in the country. Think about that. Last year, New York single-handedly put Matsui on that team. This year, we outdueled the CAPTAIN of the YANKEES.

Tonight...I don't feel like the 2nd city, or the 2nd team in the 2nd city...I feel like part of the fan base of the best team in baseball. And damn that feels good.

Enjoy the bonus Scott...and steal a base for us!

Scottie....

:notworthy :headbang :notworthy

Tonight...we passed the test. We just out-voted the biggest city in the country. Think about that. Last year, New York single-handedly put Matsui on that team.

We also out voted a whole country that being Japan.

I think Soxtalk should give itself a collective pat on the back. There were several on here that gave Scotty hundreds of votes, including myself. I feel like I'm a part of getting him named to the All Star team, and it's pretty damn good feeling.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 11:13 PM)
I think Soxtalk should give itself a collective pat on the back.  There were several on here that gave Scotty hundreds of votes, including myself.  I feel like I'm a part of getting him named to the All Star team, and it's pretty damn good feeling.

^^^^^

It feels really f***ing awesome. When Gene Honda broke the news at the game, I was pumped, excited, and relieved all at the same time. Feels good to be a part of letting a guy live his dream.

Thank you Scott for being the tablesetter of the best team in the league.

Edited by WHarris1

I think Soxtalk should give itself a collective pat on the back.  There were several on here that gave Scotty hundreds of votes, including myself.  I feel like I'm a part of getting him named to the All Star team, and it's pretty damn good feeling.

I feel as if I've accomplished something. The best part of it is I think sPods reckognizes the fact that we busted our asses to get him into that game. Not to mention the fact that we made him an extra $100,000.

Great video from TB announcers after PODS named to ALL-STAR team.

mms://a1503.v108692.c10869.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/10869/v0001/mlb.download.akamai.com/10869/2005/open/topplays/archive07/070605_tbacha_podsednik_350.wmv?ct1=mlb

EDIT: Oops...you have to copy and paste link.

Edited by RudyLawRules

Same here YAS. I'm loving this right now. I'm just really proud of it all. I'm proud for Scott, the Sox, and us as a fan base.

Sox Pride!