Sox an abundance of closers

quade36

QUOTE(quade36 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 08:56 AM)
With Jenks, Baj, Hermanson, and Politte (Yes I am including him) The Sox have 4 guys that could be legitimate closers.  What do they do?  should they trade one or two of these guys?

You can make arguments for Marte, Cotts and Shingo as well.

QUOTE(quade36 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 07:56 AM)
With Jenks, Baj, Hermanson, and Politte (Yes I am including him) The Sox have 4 guys that could be legitimate closers.  What do they do?  should they trade one or two of these guys?

You're not a closer until you've done it in the bigs, and none of the other three have that on their resume. Politte even failed in the role. Don't get me wrong, he's a quality major league arm, Jencks looked good last night, Baj hasn't really bowled me over....

As long as they close out the innings they pitch, I could care less.

Our relief is starting to look like a strong point. I figure if anyone will be on the block it would be Viz or maybe Marte because he hid his injury(and we know how Ozzie and KW hate that).

Why should you trade relievers just because they are dominant enough to be considered closers?

Useless thread....nothing to see here folks

A 7th inning is as important as a 8th inning which is as important as the 9th inning which is as important as the 1st inning in a game....all runs are EQUAL

If you have 5 dominating relievers in the pen....that is great.....nothing wrong with that

Should the Angels trade Donnelly or Shields since they have KRod?

OR Minny should trade CRain since they have Nathan?