More than Just an All-Star

DukeNukeEm

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 11:04 AM)
Oakland's obviously been hot as hell but if we're going to to do it, we have the right 3 guys going.

Oakland's had a hot month.

A few weeks ago...Cleveland was on a 9 game winning streak and suddenly became a media darling...and since then, they've sat right behind Minnesota the whole time, while the hottest team in baseball was STILL the White Sox.

Every team goes hot and goes cold. Every team does. The A's are hot right now. The will have a cool period at some point again. They might have a shot at the wild card...but so do a lot of teams, and that will probably come down to who gets the hottest in September.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
Who are going to face in the divisional round?

Because we'll have to beat them to come close.

If it ended today, the playoffs would be

Soxs v Soxs

Anaheim v Twins

Angels are 3 1/2 games up on Boston for 2nd best record and the Twins are 1 game up on Cleveland for the WC (others include Bal 2 1/2 back, and Yanks 3, Texas 3.5, Tor 4 GB)

Beating the Red Sox would be a chore. Theres no f***in gimme's in the playoffs.

Then we move on to the Twins or Angels, teams we should be able to beat. But the Red Sox, theyre the best team money can buy.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
If it ended today, the playoffs would be

Soxs v Soxs

Anaheim v Twins

Angels are 3 1/2 games up on Boston for 2nd best record and the Twins are 1 game up on Cleveland for the WC (others include Bal 2 1/2 back, and Yanks 3, Texas 3.5, Tor 4 GB)

Is it to early for me to say if the Twins don't win the division that they have the wildcard locked up?? :)

I hope the Red Sox totally blow it, Tampa Bay comes back, wins the division.

Then, in the West, Seattle trades all thier good players, but then wins the division because some strange, I dont know.

Then, Detroit comes back to win the Wild Card.

Sox v. DRays in ALDR

Sox v. Detroit in ALCS

Schweeeetttt.

FYI, and sorry if this was already posted but I think we can add Carl Crawford to the "Little b****" list:

Not everyone seemed to get the same enjoyment out of the campaign as the winning player himself and the White Sox. Crawford, in town with the Devil Rays for the three-game series, was one of those mild dissenters.

"I don't know how it's going to go by with the players, him campaigning like that," Crawford said. "It's a little bush league, but I guess whatever it takes to win."

f*** you, we won! Pods......YES! :gosox3: :headbang :notworthy

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:16 PM)
I hope the Red Sox totally blow it, Tampa Bay comes back, wins the division.

Then, in the West, Seattle trades all thier good players, but then wins the division because some strange, I dont know.

Then, Detroit comes back to win the Wild Card.

Sox v. DRays in ALDR

Sox v. Detroit in ALCS

Schweeeetttt.

While we're at it...can we get Kansas City into the wild card instead? We haven't lost to them all season.