PK Does It Again

nitetrain8601

Got this from WSI.

Apparently, this is what PK had to say about Pods getting on the AS team:

"I think there's a lot of Yankee fans and also a lot of people who hate the Yankees. It could be not there's a lot of Podsednik fans, but there are a lot of people who hate Derek Jeter and the Yankees in general."

I'll admit that it has truth to it, but why the heck does he have to open his mouth?? I wouldn't be so mad about it if this was the first time, but he's said stupid s*** when s*** didn't need to be said this year already. I hope we get someone else at 1B than this jack.

BTW, sorry if it has been posted already.

Dude, its totally true, scotty knows that too.....trust me scotty knows we put forth a lot of effort, but he also knows people hate Jeter and the Yankees......he had just a little under 4 million votes in 3 days.....in the original ballot he had just over 1 mil.......so calm down

Edited by DABearSoX

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:38 PM)
Dude, its totally true, scotty knows that too.....trust me scotty knows we put forth a lot of effort, but he also knows people hate Jeter and the Yankees......he had just a little under 4 million votes in 3 days.....in the original ballot he had just over 1 mil.......so calm down

He pretty much said the samething when he saw he was on the final ballot.

He's right.

If the final tally was as close as everybody says it was, it would be hard to believe that Pods would have won without the strong support of the anti-Yankee/anti-Jeter contingent. We put in most of the votes and did an amazing job, but I'm pretty sure we had some outside help.

Let's also remember that even if it was Yankee-haters who coalesced around Podsednik and put him over the top...he never would have become the "anyone but Jeter" candidate if there hadn't been a huge initial push of people voting for Pods on the first day and getting him within a hair of Jeter then.

If Pods wasn't so close...he wouldn't have been a viable alternative candidate, and that alone means we did our job.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)
Let's also remember that even if it was Yankee-haters who coalesced around Podsednik and put him over the top...he never would have become the "anyone but Jeter" candidate if there hadn't been a huge initial push of people voting for Pods on the first day and getting him within a hair of Jeter then.

If Pods wasn't so close...he wouldn't have been a viable alternative candidate, and that alone means we did our job.

Damn right and I thank the rest of Soxtalk for that. I love it. Hopefully he gets in the game and steals 2nd, 3rd and home for the heck of it.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:43 AM)
Also keep in mind that Matsui was on that list and you could only vote for one guy per league. They split the Yankee fan vote.

Pauly=buzzkill.

So if all of the Yankee-haters could organize and support Podsednik after it was obvious Pods had a shot...why couldnt' all of the Yankee lovers figure out the same thing and vote for the guy who was closest?

Personally...I'd love to see the total numbers...see how Scotty fared against Matsui + Jeter. 4 million votes for Pods out of 14 million cast...say probably 5 million for the NL...that leaves a total of 5 million votes between Jeter, Matsui, Hunter, and Crawford...there's a decent shot that Pods held his own against the combination of Yankees...if more than 1 million votes went to Hunter and Crawford Combined he could have beaten them both.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 05:45 PM)
Much ado about nothing. :headshake

Exactly. I had to read the quote about 5 times to find anything remotely wrong with it. Its pretty easy to take a simple statement and make it sound as a slight towards someone.

Notice that nowhere in the quote does he say that Pods isn't deserving of the all-star nod.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
So if all of the Yankee-haters could organize and support Podsednik after it was obvious Pods had a shot...why couldnt' all of the Yankee lovers figure out the same thing and vote for the guy who was closest?

Personally...I'd love to see the total numbers...see how Scotty fared against Matsui + Jeter.  4 million votes for Pods out of 14 million cast...say probably 5 million for the NL...that leaves a total of 5 million votes between Jeter, Matsui, Hunter, and Crawford...there's a decent shot that Pods held his own against the combination of Yankees...if more than 1 million votes went to Hunter and Crawford Combined he could have beaten them both.

I bet there are far more Yankee haters than lovers.

Whatever, Pods is in, Jeter is not, Pauly needs to stfu and deal with it whenever he is not the center of attention.

PK could fart loudly, and WSI would be all over him. That place is soap opera central. Drama queen city.

I don't see how anything can even be read into those words. There's nothing derogatory at all. There's also this little thing called freedom of speech. PK can say whatever he wants, and if it ever gets to the point I lose sleep over it, I'll stop reading the papers and listening to interviews.

As far as clubhouse leader goes, I'll leave that decision to the players.

Edited by nvxplorer

QUOTE(nvxplorer @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
PK could fart loudly, and WSI would be all over him. That place is soap opera central. Drama queen city.

And here it is ON SOXTALK and the same thing is happening..

Please.. call a spade a spade. There are b****ers, whiners, and jerkoffs on BOTH sites.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:13 AM)
And here it is ON SOXTALK and the same thing is happening..

Please.. call a spade a spade. There are b****ers, whiners, and jerkoffs on BOTH sites.

And of course Gods (referring to myself of course) :D