PK Does It Again

nitetrain8601

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 01:13 PM)
And here it is ON SOXTALK and the same thing is happening..

Please.. call a spade a spade. There are b****ers, whiners, and jerkoffs on BOTH sites.

:notworthy

I may not care too much for WSI, but Steff is spot on here.

I don't see the problem with that quote.

S-Pod got 3.9mil+ votes. People on this board were excited about people from the Red Sox board voting for Pods in their "Anybody but Jeter" campaign.

Now it's an issue that Kong says other people may have voted for Pods than just Sox fans?

It might be time to try decaf.

QUOTE(TheHammer @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 08:53 PM)
Someone has an axe to grind with Konerko it seems.  These people are scouring the papers for anything they can possibly turn into ammo against him.

Well, if this is all we can find to complain about, I'd say its a sign that things are going pretty well at the moment. Just be prepared for tomorrow's thread:

Pauly likes butterflies

What an asshole.

Edited by KevHead0881

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)
I'm not that mad about PK saying s*** but wtf good can come with it?

Exactly. Like when he said Clayton's the best SS he's ever played with. Go tell that to Royce and not the media. A Mic or taperecorder should not be put in front of PK's face.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:31 PM)
Exactly. Like when he said Clayton's the best SS he's ever played with. Go tell that to Royce and not the media. A Mic or taperecorder should not be put in front of PK's face.

He's said these things cause he said them thinking it was no big deal...which is exactly what it is...no big deal. Why say anything to the media? He's asked questions and he gives them answers. Its as simple as that.

Ignoring the fact that the comment was completely harmless (as was the Clayton quote), until we hear about dissention in the clubhouse regarding these comments, there is no reason to make any hay over it.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 02:25 PM)
I'm not that mad about PK saying s*** but wtf good can come with it?

It's just an opinion. He's not saying it for your benefit. The man is entitled to his opinions whether you agree with them or not. Without any direct knowlege of the impact of his statements, you cannot presume anything to be good or bad. If we had a way to verify that information, I'd bet you a month's salary that PK's press conferences have zero effect on the team. I'd take that bet in a heartbeat.

Edited by nvxplorer

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 11:13 AM)
And here it is ON SOXTALK and the same thing is happening..

Please.. call a spade a spade. There are b****ers, whiners, and jerkoffs on BOTH sites.

I agree Steff, but from my short lived experience at WSI, there's no comparison between that place and here.

QUOTE(nvxplorer @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 05:44 PM)
I agree Steff, but from my short lived experience at WSI, there's no comparison between that place and here.

Then your experience was much too short....

Both are excellent sources for White Sox fans.. hell.. Jason (along with many others that post here) posts there so I think that says a lot. I'm sorry for those of you that have had bad experiences over there. But there's no reason what so ever to s*** on them and vice versa. They close threads immediately over there when one of the members even makes a "that other site" comment. Maybe that's why you don't like them (cause they are quick to close threads, ban trolls, and don't tolerate words of the 4 letter variety...) but I'd say that considering they are nearly as successful as the official MLB site it works for them.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 11:45 AM)
Personally...I'd love to see the total numbers...see how Scotty fared against Matsui + Jeter.  4 million votes for Pods out of 14 million cast...say probably 5 million for the NL...that leaves a total of 5 million votes between Jeter, Matsui, Hunter, and Crawford...there's a decent shot that Pods held his own against the combination of Yankees...if more than 1 million votes went to Hunter and Crawford Combined he could have beaten them both.

I may be mistaken, but I think the 14 millon vote cast is being misinterpreted. Since you could vote for one AL and one NL person in each balot, theoretically their still could have been 10 million more votes split up between the rest of the AL. While I know it's obvious that some only voted for NL, I think the race was as close as MLB.com wanted us to think.