Prior gave up a 5 spot

WilliamTell

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:35 PM)
I love Julio Franco, that guy never ceases to amaze me.

Prior was two years old when Franco first started playing. That guy's running on batteries or something.

Funny thing is, Franco was old when he was with us in '94. To think that he's still a productive player at the age of 104 is impressive.

As far as the Cubs go, through the first month or so I thought they were just going through the motions of a long season. It's really starting to look like they aren't a very good team. They might be sellers soon.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 01:23 PM)
Funny thing is, Franco was old when he was with us in '94.  To think that he's still a productive player at the age of 104 is impressive.

As far as the Cubs go, through the first month or so I thought they were just going through the motions of a long season.  It's really starting to look like they aren't a very good team.  They might be sellers soon.

They wont be sellers, they'll still try to be buyers.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 01:23 PM)
Funny thing is, Franco was old when he was with us in '94.  To think that he's still a productive player at the age of 104 is impressive.

As far as the Cubs go, through the first month or so I thought they were just going through the motions of a long season.  It's really starting to look like they aren't a very good team.  They might be sellers soon.

Other than Prior, Zambrano, Lee, Ramirez, they don't have much to offer.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 01:29 PM)
Other than Prior,  Zambrano,  Lee,  Ramirez,  they don't have much to offer.

Pssh, I was told last year they had unreal talent and they were going to win the series, what happened? :bang

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 01:28 PM)
Cubs lost #7 in a row!! SHUTOUT, I hope Smoltz shuts 'em out in the night game.. can you say "no playoffs"?

2005 is all our's. I'll never forget the sick feeling of watching the Cubs in the post-season while the Sox were at home. All the love, hoopla, hype that was generated around them. It was like we didn't exist. Now it's our turn. Hopefully, unlike them, we go all the way.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 07:29 PM)
Other than Prior,  Zambrano,  Lee,  Ramirez,  they don't have much to offer.

As much as he sucks, I'm sure they could find a taker for Patterson. I also think that Burnitz would be a decent addition for a team needing an extra bat.

At this moment, I don't think they'll be sellers, but if they don't get their act together soon, it might be too late for them to be buyers.

Edited by KevHead0881

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 01:33 PM)
As much as he sucks, I'm sure they could find a taker for Patterson.  I also think that Burnitz would be a decent addition for a team needing an extra bat.

At this moment, I don't think they'll be sellers, but if they don't get their act together soon, it might be too late for them to be buyers.

You might be right about Patterson. There's always a gm that's gonna think "a change of scenery" will do the trick. His trade value has got to be very low, though.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)
You might be right about Patterson.  There's always a gm that's gonna think "a change of scenery" will do the trick.  His trade value has got to be very low,  though.

The thing about Patterson is that despite his suckiness, he's still got the kind of talent that makes GMs think that they can fix him. I wouldn't touch him with a 10 ft pole, but there are some dumb GMs out there...and Jim Hendry has made a habit of pawning them in recent years.

Here's the thing to ask yourself...

The Cubs have Mark Prior, Kerry Wood, Greg Maddux, Carlos Zambrano, Derek Lee, and Aramis Ramirez.

If Bobby Cox and Leo Mazzone were coaching that team...do you think they'd be a .500 team?

What does that tell you about the north side?