A 6 spot!

Balta1701

You know, I can't help but wonder when I sit here looking at the Around the Horn page why we don't have an official "Cubs suck" thread to go along with the Twinkies one. Anywho..

The Chicago Cubs are in kalapse mode.

They went into the 8th inning with a 4-3 lead, and decided to bring in Roberto Novoa. He promptly gave up a triple and a bomb to Andruw Jones, giving the Braves a 5-4 lead.

After a hit to Larouche, the Cubs brought in Rusch, only to see him give up a hit on an attempted bunt and then a 3 run homer to Jeff Francoeur.

This team is completely falling apart. This will be the 8th game the Cubs have lost in a row.

Dempster came in after a double was given up to Pete Orr...followed by a base hit by Marcus Giles. It's now 9-4, and a 6 run inning for the Braves.

Not that I'm gloating of course...

I said this in an earlier thread...I'll say it again.

Bobby Cox has his team on a roll with a bundle of rookies and Andruw Jones.

If you gave Bobby Cox and Leo Mazzone Derek Lee, Aramis Ramirez, Mark Prior, Kerry Wood, Carlos Zambrano, and Greg Maddux...do you think that team would be 40-44?

I think it's absolutely amazing how little they're achieving with the talent on that team. Hell, they got their 2 "best" pitchers back and promptly went on an 8 game losing skid...they got hot when Prior got hurt.

This is also huge for the NL Wildcard. The national league ballclub on the northside was threatening until the sweep.

Even now they'll be a persistent threat because of that godly pitching staff. Hopefully the bullpen and the poor managing will continue to keep them down.