Just Curious

Rex Kickass

First of all....US Cellular. May as well get used to it. It's gonna be called that for 22 more years....or until it goes bankrupt....whichever comes first.

And, by an educated guess, figuring in the "attack" on the ump and the s***ty weather, I'd say it's down.

attendance is down due to a sluggish economy combined with the fact that the sox raised ticket prices coming of a mediocre and disappointing year..

not very good strategy at all

chipper jones said that he thinks it because prices have gotten so high that a family man of 4 just cant afford to go to as many games as he used to...chipper nailed that one

Actually... COMISKEY ticket sales are UP because of the AS game. Actual attendance is definitely down - you can see it at the park. But the seats are sold. I believe they reported a 37% increase in season tickets sales...? Season ticket holders, do any of you have figures? I remember a letter or something being mailed to us...?

I was thinking about this last night:  If every upper deck ticket was $5, wouldn't alot more people sit up there, therefore incresing ticket sales, and obviously attendance?

And just think of all those extra hotdogs, beverages and souvineers being puchased. It almost make to much sense doesn't it.

I heard that tickets are now only $6 at the SkyDome at Toronto and attendance has definately been up. And remember now that this is Toronto, where the SARS scare is at.

And speaking of Toronto, whats up with all the players b****ing about not wanting to play there. The Blue Jays players have to play every single home game there and I haven't heard them b****ing about it.

You can see an Astros game for 5 bucks at the Juice Box.

Sorry about referring to it as Comiskey... it still sort of is that way in my head.

One of the reasons that I don't like the Sox ownership is precisely because they raise prices for what seems like every year. Aren't the cheap seats 18 dollars this year? Less than ten years ago, there were good seats that sold for 10 bucks. Inflation hasn't increased this much in anything but player salaries.

Last year, I made it a point to go see the Sox play in Chicago, even though I lived out of town... but with the prices increasing, and the ability to "upgrade" when only 10,000 people are in the house decreasing, this fan-friendly park seems anything but.

As of Sunday the White Sox have averaged 18,290 a game placing them 11th out of 14 in the AL and 23rd out of 30 in the major leagues. The NL average is 25,364, the AL average is 24,582. The average for all Major League teams is 25,000. Major League attendance is down 4.8% from the same period last year.

As of Sunday the White Sox have averaged 18,290 a game placing them 11th out of 14 in the AL and 23rd out of 30 in the major leagues. The NL average is 25,364, the AL average is 24,582. The average for all Major League teams is 25,000. Major League attendance is down 4.8% from the same period last year.

6,000 under the AL average.

Nice.

First of all....US Cellular.  May as well get used to it.  It's gonna be called that for 22 more years....or until it goes bankrupt....whichever comes first.

And, by an educated guess, figuring in the "attack" on the ump and the s***ty weather, I'd say it's down.

If anyone got attacked it was that moron Cubs fan Dybas. And Im happy about that too. Raul Ibanez stomped his leg and Diaz force fed him piles of grass and dirt during the commotion. And Diaz is a former Marine. You dont attack former Marines...

SURVEY SAIDS????

Attendance is flat.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=chwh...ov=st&type=lgns

We are average a whopping 31 people less a game versus the same # of games last year.  It is not even enough to be 1% less.

We add a 20 game winner and a 40 save closer, lose 0 of our main players, and are hosting the AS game, and our attendance basically stays the same? That is a problem.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Actually... COMISKEY ticket sales are UP because of the AS game. Actual attendance is definitely down - you can see it at the park. But the seats are sold. I believe they reported a 37% increase in season tickets sales...? Season ticket holders, do any of you have figures? I remember a letter or something being mailed to us...?

yes the season ticket sales did increase this year... but as i had figured out that was due to the all star game and those people were not the "typical fan" who would actually show to games..... in april and early may our attendance is usually around where it is now... too cold and icky weather to be going to a ball game...........we go through this each year (if someone wants to look it up)..................look for attendance to be around the 18-20 tho mark.. till around mid to late may when the weather warms up a bit.. that usually brings the other fans out.. only diehards weather the storms and battle the cold weather to see the beloved sox play................. :D

only diehards weather the storms and battle the cold weather to see the beloved sox play................. :D

Look that up and there's a big fat picture of our heads :headbang

Man.. another miserable night last night. We toughed it out till the end of the 4th but the little one was starting to turn blue. And a loss on top of it. Unreal. I'm not making anymore predictions either. I suck :angry:

I heard that tickets are now only $6 at the SkyDome at Toronto and attendance has definately been up. And remember now that this is Toronto, where the SARS scare is at.

And speaking of Toronto, whats up with all the players b****ing about not wanting to play there. The Blue Jays players have to play every single home game there and I haven't heard them b****ing about it.

Correction: That's only 1 buck per ticket and they had a sellout crowd last game so I guess its working out.