GAME THREAD 7-8-2005 SOX vs A's

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)
you cant always put him in every game, hes a big guy and they wear down very easily, hes no spod who is very durable

I understand that he shouldn't play EVERY game, but we did have a day off yesterday, and Frank's been on a HR tear, + he always hits well at home. Not to mention he's my favorite hitter dammit!!!! :)

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 06:29 PM)
I understand that he shouldn't play EVERY game, but we did have a day off yesterday, and Frank's been on a HR tear, + he always hits well at home.  Not to mention he's my favorite hitter dammit!!!!  :)

hes everyones fav, id love him to play but he didnt hit well against oakland from what i recall and ozz tends to look at the stats as of late

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 04:29 PM)
I understand that he shouldn't play EVERY game, but we did have a day off yesterday, and Frank's been on a HR tear, + he always hits well at home.  Not to mention he's my favorite hitter dammit!!!!  :)

He'll be in the lineup both Saturday and Sunday. He's my favorite hitter too. But the guy just returned from an injury that cost him the whole season, and his legs have been supposedly bothering him some since he came back. A pair of days off will certainly do well for the big guy.

Remember 1 thing always...it's July. We need his bat far more in August than in July...perhaps more in September than in August...and CERTAINLY more in October than in any month before that.

The very last thing we want to do is use him heavily now and then have something else break.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 04:30 PM)
hes everyones fav, id love him to play but he didnt hit well against oakland from what i recall and ozz tends to look at the stats as of late

If that were true Timo wouldn't be in there...he's 0 for 6 against Sarloos.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 05:12 PM)
Not a bad way to start.  8 more of those and we've got ourself a postgame show.

Yeah JG had it all working in the 1st inning, VERY good sign. Dare I say CG SHO?? :D

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 08:21 PM)
Reminds me of C Lee. Looks like PK is trying to pull EVERYTHING.

I do not beleive I gave you a proper welcome so:

WELCOME TO SOXTALK! :gosox3: :cheers :headbang As long as you are better than Linda S., you will make it here.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 07:23 PM)

WELCOME TO SOXTALK!  :gosox3:  :cheers  :headbang As long as you are better than Linda S., you will make it here.

while your at it with the welcome add me to the scott podsednik group

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 05:23 PM)

WELCOME TO SOXTALK!  :gosox3:  :cheers  :headbang As long as you are better than Linda S., you will make it here.

Thanks!! Dare I ask who Linda S. is??