GAME THREAD 7-8-2005 SOX vs A's

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 07:26 PM)
He is hitting .224 with an ops of .594. He hasn't earned 50 thousand.

He's won two games from a pinch hitter's role. That's good enough for me. Numbers mean nothing as a pinch hitter, especially when you never get to hit.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 08:26 PM)
Against Oakland, off all teams, who seem to get atleast 2 runs a game off us cheaply.

I'll take a few many pathetic runs.

this team has scored a lot of cheap, pathetic, gift runs. there should be a recorded stat, CPGR, and I bet this team would lead MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 01:27 AM)
this team has scored a lot of cheap, pathetic, gift runs.  there should be a recorded stat, CPGR, and I bet this team would lead MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL.

I was going to say that, but didn't want to get labeled as a pessimist. We probably have more cheap runs this season than the last 3 years combined. Speed does have a lot to do with that though.

;)

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 08:27 PM)
Can we ph Frank here, and hope for the 3 run homer?

not a bad idea at the moment but its too early for frank

dont worry willie will do it

nm

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 07:27 PM)
Man...I was here in the first inning...no one in the chat room.  I'm back in the 4th inning...no one in the chat room.  Come on in folks.

I checked earlier and no one appeared to be interested. I'll be right in there.

FILL THE CHAT

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 08:27 PM)
He's won two games from a pinch hitter's role. That's good enough for me. Numbers mean nothing as a pinch hitter, especially when you never get to hit.

So he pitched and hit in all eight other holes? I don't think he single handidly one us two games. He was just a small part in both of those games you are speaking of. If willie never got into scoring position in that one game timo's hit would have meant s***. Nearly everyone overlooked that steal/

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 08:28 PM)
I was going to say that, but didn't want to get labeled as a pessimist.  We probably have more cheap runs this season than the last 3 years combined.  Speed does have a lot to do with that though.

yeah speed has a lot to do with it. hustle too. but it doesn't matter how you score them, as long as you score them, and I wouldn't call saying that pessimistic.

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 01:28 AM)
He last AB was a walk, that was not his fault

You have to protect in those situations. That pitch was definitely close enough to be called a strike. The 2nd AB was Willie's fault anyways for not getting the job done on the 3-1 pitch.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 01:29 AM)
yeah speed has a lot to do with it.  hustle too.  but it doesn't matter how you score them, as long as you score them, and I wouldn't call saying that pessimistic.

I know, but everything I say is met with some type of criticism from someone, as if I'm a troll.

I'm sorry but Ozzie works to put the most pathetic lineups on the field behind Garland. What does he think that he's such a sure thing that he can survive having Timo "easy out" Perez in the lineup and I like Willie Harris but a slumping Willie Harris in the two hole... I mean come on!

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 08:30 PM)
Holy f***! I just realized I was doing PbP in the Pod's Girlfriend thread. Holy s*** I just lost track! Is there any way an Admin can put them in the right thread????

just copy and paste. and leave them there, too. remind everyone of your mistake. :D

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 07:31 PM)
I'm sorry but Ozzie works to put the most pathetic lineups on the field behind Garland. What does he think that he's such a sure thing that he can survive having Timo "easy out" Perez in the lineup and I like Willie Harris but a slumping Willie Harris in the two hole... I mean come on!

I'm pretty sure Garland gets the best run support on the staff right now. I think Duque has gotten a little more.

And Timo, "easy out" Perez, has two of our 5 hits.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 08:32 PM)
Scutaro doubles to leadoff the inning.

Kendall will move him over with a grounder to second. Chavez will fly out to right and that will be a run.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 01:31 AM)

Besides for Pods, Frank, Dye, and Everett....no one is hitting very good right now. Thankfully, the Tampa pitching staff helped us out last series to get some offensive rhythm back.