GAME THREAD 7-8-2005 SOX vs A's

This game is looking like another gift given to the A's by the Sox. God damn, I hate these pathetic efforts.

Another game where we're held in check by a mediocre RHP that can occasionaly throw an offspeed and/or breaking pitch.

We need another lefty bat more than a pitcher.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 08:50 PM)
I think he meant that JG is out of the game, which he is, and we didn't score any more runs for him, so he can't get the win.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 08:50 PM)
He's thrown 110 pitches already...he won't be out for this inning...hence he wont' be getting the win.

Aka... chwrock2 stfu.

I know I'll probably get ripped for this, but my biggest fear for this weekend is that the Sox get swept by the A's, while the Twins win 3 in a row against the Royals, and the Cubs sweep the Marlins. Then, for the next three days, all we'd hear about is whether or not the Sox are a fluke, and how great of a decision it was by the Cubs to send down Patterson. I'm just being honest about a scenario that I thought about driving home today, and it would really put a downer on what has been a fantastic first half of the season. Fire away

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
This game is looking like another gift given to the A's by the Sox. God damn, I hate these pathetic efforts.

Another game where we're held in check by a mediocre RHP that can occasionaly throw an offspeed and/or breaking pitch.

OAK-LAND-BASE-BALL-CURSE-VS-THE-WHITE-SOX

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 08:51 PM)

His name is ross gload.

Timo perez sucks so f***ing bad.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 01:51 AM)

Tonight is the type of night that gload should be playing 1b.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 08:51 PM)
Aka... chwrock2 stfu.

dont know whether to applaud or try to explain that i didnt know he was being taken out because i was screaming to loud to hear the tv

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 06:54 PM)
Vizcaino is back to throwing meatballs over the plate.  Hitters look so comfortable against him at the dish.  Hopefully, if this game gets out of hand, Jenks will come in.

Luis has an ERA of 1.62 since the start of June

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 01:54 AM)
WHITE-SUX-HIT-.205-VS-RHP-ON-THE-SEASON. NOT-EVERY-RHP-IS-FROM-OAKLAND.

Are the Sox really hitting .205 vs RHP this season? I know we struggle against RHP, but that number is extremely low.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 01:55 AM)
Luis has an ERA of 1.62 since the start of June

Doesn't necessarily mean he's throwing the ball better. From my viewpoint, he's just been stranding a lot of runners on base, and avoiding the 3 run homer (which obviously, is a good thing). Shingo, on the other hand, seems much crisper with his fastball, and his numbers over the last month or so aren't as good as Vizcaino's likely. Good stat though, I appreciate the good conversation!

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 08:55 PM)
Are the Sox really hitting .205 vs RHP this season?  I know we struggle against RHP, but that number is extremely low.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 08:56 PM)
If that's true, then it's amazing we have the record we do.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)
That number can't be true.

More like .247.