GAME THREAD 7-8-2005 SOX vs A's

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 02:11 AM)
You have to wonder how many times an offense can miss hanging sliders.

Sarloss has thrown several each inning, and yet no one can do anything with these pitches.

I better not hear one player claim "Oakland just has our number."  These weak offensive performances against scrub pitchers need to stop.

The middle of our order will always struggle against sinker ball pitchers. Especially considering our lack of speed, it's just a recipe for a lot of pulled choppers to the pull side. With that in mind, one of the most surprising things to me this season is that we're 2-0 against the great sinker of Jake Westbrook (yes, one game was 1-0).

QUOTE(kman @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 02:16 AM)
i wuldnt go that far yet.

I would have taken the 2004 season with Foulke instead of Koch. Who knows what type of season we might have had. In terms of what both teams have now, there's no question we won that deal. It would be interesting to know who the A's drafted with the pick they got for losing Foulke to FA.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 02:20 AM)
If there's a man on 2nd...we better pinch hit the Gooch.  Please God.  If someone gets hurt we still have Pablo as a backup.

If we have one on, one out....you use Thomas. Any situation where we can bring him up, with the tying run on base or at the plate, you have to go with.