GAME THREAD 7-8-2005 SOX vs A's

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 02:24 AM)
Willie makes his 4th out today with a man on 2nd...and the crowd deservedly boos him.

Willie...you're making me want to keep Timo on the team.

This might be Willie's last start with the Sox. It's very possible they'll call up Gload after the ASB.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 07:25 PM)
This might be Willie's last start with the Sox.  It's very possible they'll call up Gload after the ASB.

Replace Timo, Harris, and Walker with Duque, Marte, and Gload?

I could live with that.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 08:28 PM)
Get konerko off of this team please.

We should have first and third with two outs.

i agree, we need a good contact hitter with decent power and avg.speed

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 02:28 AM)
How slow is Konerko going to be 5 years from now?

In no way is this in reaction to tonight, but I hope he's slow for another organization. Pk doesn't strike me as someone that's going to improve....especially as he gets older from here. I like PK, but in the Sox best interest, it's better that he goes elsewhere and signs a 3 yr/33 mil contract.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
What a joke.  How many times has PK grounded out deep in the hole the last week?  Maybe he should stop trying to pull every single pitch.

Well yeah, then he'd be out by 80 feet on groundouts to the second basemen. And out by 5 feet on should-be-singles to the right fielder.

Edited by Gene Honda Civic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 02:28 AM)
Replace Timo, Harris, and Walker with Duque, Marte, and Gload?

I could live with that.

Timo is 3-3 tonight. That means he has just as much job secruity as Frank or PK. Jenks will be the person who is sent down.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
I logged in just to say

Willie Harris sucks  :finger

beat me to it. If he woulda moved the runner ahead the other two times when pods was on base, we'd be ahead 4-3. Pierzynski sucks real bad right now.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 07:29 PM)
In no way is this in reaction to tonight, but I hope he's slow for another organization.  Pk doesn't strike me as someone that's going to improve....especially as he gets older from here.  I like PK, but in the Sox best interest, it's better that he goes elsewhere and signs a 3 yr/33 mil contract.

I've said this a bunch lately...with Gload, Rogowski, and Dye on this roster...I'd rather have Konerko's dollars go to Garland/Buehrle.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
Damn guys.  Chill out with the Konerko hate.  We already knew he was slow as f***.  Something we have to live with.

we dont have to leave with him, we can get rid of him.

QUOTE(kman @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
we dont have to leave with him, we can get rid of him.

If that happens, fine. But was of right now, he's a member of the White Sox. So i'll support him like all the other players. Not diss him to hell for being slow. He's been slow for years.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 02:31 AM)
I've said this a bunch lately...with Gload, Rogowski, and Dye on this roster...I'd rather have Konerko's dollars go to Garland/Buehrle.

Gload and Rogowski are not options to start at 1b on a consistent basis in the majors. It's obvious that Gload is not a favorite of Ozzie and/or KW. I actually think there's a chance we try to make Dye a 1b, and put Anderson in RF or sign a cheap RF. It's easy to find a RF for about 3 mil a year that will give you .270 with 20 homers.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 02:32 AM)
If that happens,  fine.  But was of right now,  he's a member of the White Sox.  So i'll support him like all the other players.  Not diss him to hell for being slow.  He's been slow for years.

Just cause we diss him, doesn't mean we're not rooting for him to do well. Hell, I hate Timo more than anyone else in the history of the Sox, but I still am happy if he does something good to help the team.