Actors who are Under Rated

sox4lifeinPA

I want to turn this into a poll. I watched TAPS last night and I've seen Kinsey and Beautiful Girls, and I really like Timothy Hutton (Winner of Best Supporting Actor for Ordinary People in 1980). I think he's both under rated and from his credits on IMDB, he really hasn't done many well known movies. I just found that strange.

anyway, who else do you think missed the mark with their career and/or are under rated for the job they do.

:bringit

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(farmteam @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 12:42 PM)
So is Matt Damon, but that doesn't mean he is underrated.

I think a lot of people don't realize how good Colin is at doing all these American accents. He has had 3 roles in which he doesn't have an Irish accent: Daredevil, Veronica Guerron, and the very good Intermission. I thought he was American until i heard him speak and his a very big Irish accent. He is also very versatle and can play both a good guy(Recruit and Hart's War) or a bad guy(Daredevil and Intermission) very well.

QUOTE(FoxySoxGirl @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 02:17 PM)
Adam Sandler- damn funny is all his comedy movies...but when he starts to get all serious and sentimental he needs to stop :P

I thought he was quite good in Punch Drunk Love and even better in Spanglish. Of course, I spent most of the time during Spanglish hypnotized by Paz Vega, so maybe I didn't have my faculties about me enough to really critique Sandler's performance. :D

Under-rated/less recognized (at least by the mainstream) but really gifted actors: Daniel Day-Lewis, Gary Oldman

Actors with talent that crashed and burned: Mickey Rourke (The Mike Tyson of actors?), Juliette Lewis (but I'm looking forward to seeing her in the Darwin Awards).

V V V V V Greatest Actor of All Time V V V V V

Gary_Coleman.jpg

:D

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 04:47 PM)
Kate Winslet is the best actress in the business, and I don't think she gets enough recognition. Alan Rickman is also better than he gets credit for.

Alan Rickman needs to be choosier in what movies he agrees to do.

He needs to turn down stuff sometimes.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 05:50 PM)
I think a lot of people don't realize how good Colin is at doing all these American  accents.  He has had 3 roles in which he doesn't have an Irish accent: Daredevil, Veronica Guerron, and the very good Intermission.  I thought he was American until i heard him speak and his a very big Irish accent.  He is also very versatle and can play both a good guy(Recruit and Hart's War) or a bad guy(Daredevil and Intermission) very well.

Oh please Colin is probably one of the most overated actors, i dont know how anyone can say he is overated. He sucked in Daredevil so why even bring that up? Matt Damon >>>>> Colin Farrel

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 08:33 AM)
Jude Law falls under the "didn't meet his potential" category.  He was such a pussy in "Enemy at the Gates" he almost spoiled the whole movie.

are you kidding me? That movie was great, that has always been one of my all time favorite movies to watch.. well favorite war movie anyways....