Pike/AD for Finley?

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 10:25 AM)
I loathe the NBA, but it would be neat to bring the Proviso East boy back home.

It might hamper Ben's improvement and growth though. Honestly, AD/Pike for Finley is a steal and a damn god one. But there are question marks with him. Will he play D? Will he be selfish? Will him and Kirk co-exist well? Can he help Ben and Luol?

Sounds good at first but if you think about it we need bigs more than gaurds. If we trade AD that means once TC and Eddie get in foul trouble we will have to go through another season of seing guys like Jerrod Reiner come off the bench. Also I think that Tyson is more effective comming off the bench. I would love to see Finley in a Bulls Uni but I would rather see another big guy come to Chicago.

QUOTE(Benson&Rexage @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 10:56 AM)
Sounds good at first but if you think about it we need bigs more than gaurds. If we trade AD that means once TC and Eddie get in foul trouble we will have to go through another season of seing guys like Jerrod Reiner come off the bench. Also I think that Tyson is more effective comming off the bench. I would love to see Finley in a Bulls Uni but I would rather see another big guy come to Chicago.

Perhaps Donyell Marshall comes thru in FA????

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 11:08 AM)
that would be perfect if we got Marshall and Finley only to lose a scrub in piatkowski and an overpaid old man in Davis.

AD is the MAN! I would hate to lose his leadership but in order for this to be a successful trade, Finley need not be selfish and he would have to help and mentor Ben/Luol. Donyell better not ask for too much money too!

The one thing I think the Bulls need more than anything else is a defensive minded guard who can cover people like Hamilton, Wade, and maybe slow them down (not stop them) come playoff time. Think along the lines of Bruce Bowen.

Finley doesn't fit that mold for me...Dallas isn't exactly known for their defense.

We don't need to get bigger...we have 2 big guys (if we keep both and both stay healthy) who can clog up and dominate a lane on both defense and offense. We have a good perimeter player in Deng, a good guard in Hinrich, a great shooter in Gordon...we're just missing a defensive piece who can rotate in for Gordon or Hinrich to slow down the other team when they make a run.

This sounds pretty solid to me. I'm probably Gordon's biggest detractor cause I think he's quite possibly one of the most over-rated players in the NBA (cause he's so stinking one dimensional) and this would give the Bulls a good shooting guard to go with Kirk and Deng and you'd be able to keep Gordon coming off the bench (I think it will be a while before he ever learns to play enough defense to start). This also means Kirk can go back to guarding PG's, which will be at least semi easier for him. Deng is a quality defender (imo) and lets see what Finley can do when he's pressed to defend.

Defense isn't necessarily having extra skill, its more putting the effort in and when your in a system where everyone else plays defense, your gonna be motivated to play, imo (I could be wrong though).

However, the key to this deal is the Bulls finding an additional bigman. If they could add a Donyell or someone like Dalembert than I'd do this in a heartbeat.

One thing, I don't know the status of Finley's contract, but this would end the Bulls chances of having money two years from now or at least I think it would.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
No - we do need to get bigger G's.

How many times last year did you say Payton and guys of that nature post up our G's to death.

A lot of times. They attacked Kirk and Ben like they were PF's and C's. I think defense is as improtant, and probably more important that size. IF Tyson/Eddy/AD were to stay healthy, than no C/PF need is there. But, at guard, we need a defender who has size and can score.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 02:09 PM)
A lot of times. They attacked Kirk and Ben like they were PF's and C's. I think defense is as improtant, and probably more important that size. IF Tyson/Eddy/AD were to stay healthy, than no C/PF need is there. But, at guard, we need a defender who has size and can score.

I don't even think I care that much if he can score. If there's someone out there who can defend guards but isn't a good shooter, then we slap him in next to Gordon or Hinrich & keep Curry in the ballgame. We need someone to put on a guy like Dwayne Wade or Rip Hamilton who can just slow them down.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 05:26 PM)
We could do worse than Finley. They mentioned Antoine Walker in a rumor (heard it on either ESPN radio or the Score).

Yeah. AD for Walker straight up. Does Paxson have a hard-on for Chicago guys or what!

BTW, Balta, a guy like Raja Bell has been mentioned for a couple years now. Would he fit this role to you?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 04:36 PM)
Yeah. AD for Walker straight up. Does Paxson have a hard-on for Chicago guys or what!

BTW, Balta, a guy like Raja Bell has been mentioned for a couple years now. Would he fit this role to you?

If he was not signing with the suns i am sure his answer would be yes.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 07:36 AM)

Bell signed a 4 to 5 year deal with Phoenix.

alright heres my thoughts on the whole trade, it helps both teams, dallas gets defensive veterans and we get a guard/forward

and if we get marshall that makes this one hell of a trade, i just wonder what we would do with our other players rotation wise and with the playing time

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)
alright heres my thoughts on the whole trade, it helps both teams, dallas gets defensive veterans and we get a guard/forward

and if we get marshall that makes this one hell of a trade, i just wonder what we would do with our other players rotation wise and with the playing time

Duhon turned down the lle offer which was three years 5.6 over that time span. Anything more than that cuts into the mle and we NEED the whole mle to sign someone like marshall.