US Cellular Field Shuttle Busses

Does anyone know if there's any shuttle busses available to and from US Cellular? The reason I'm asking is because yesterday I noticed a bunch of signs at Yorktown Mall announcing $6 round-trip express shuttle Pace busses to and from Wrigley Field for every Cubs game.

If the Sox did this, it would save fans a lot of money (gas money and $17 for parking), and it would give suburban Sox fans another option on how to get to the ballpark. In fact they should have multiple shuttle busses going to the Cell from different malls.. park your car at the mall and take the bus.

Does something like this already exist for the Sox?

Edited by SouthSidePride05

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 10:01 AM)
Does anyone know if there's any shuttle busses available to and from US Cellular?  The reason I'm asking is because yesterday I noticed a bunch of signs at Yorktown Mall announcing $6 round-trip express shuttle Pace busses to and from Wrigley Field for every Cubs game. 

If the Sox did this, it would save fans a lot of money (gas money and $17 for parking), and it would give suburban Sox fans another option on how to get to the ballpark.  In fact they should have multiple shuttle busses going to the Cell from different malls.. park your car at the mall and take the bus. 

Does something like this already exist for the Sox?

No because you can actually park at the Cell for under 40 bucks!!!

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 10:56 AM)
Getting back to the topic, I think it would be great if the Sox had something similar.  Brooks may be working on it.

It wont happen. There's no need. There is parking at the cell.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 10:01 AM)

Thanks everyone for your responses. I just hate paying $17 but I heard that Lot G is $8 if you get there an hour and a half before gametime. Can you park there 2 hrs before gametime, and what about if you get there just 1 hr before gametime; does it fill up quickly?? I hate being on such a tight budget. :angry:

BTW, why do all my threads get off topic and get out of hand? :crying

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 10:01 AM)

Exactamundo...why would I park at a mall far far away from the cell, take a SUPEEEEEEEEEERRR long bus ride there and back, just to save a couple of bucks. When I can park at the game whenever I please??? It shall never occur

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 11:05 AM)
Thanks everyone for your responses.  I just hate paying $17 but I heard that Lot G is $8 if you get there an hour and a half before gametime.  Can you park there 2 hrs before gametime, and what about if you get there just 1 hr before gametime; does it fill up quickly??  I hate being on such a tight budget. :angry:

BTW, why do all my threads get off topic and get out of hand?  :crying

Be glad you don't have to pay $40... :huh

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 11:06 AM)
Exactamundo...why would I park at a mall far far away from the cell, take a SUPEEEEEEEEEERRR long bus ride there and back, just to save a couple of bucks. When I can park at the game whenever I please??? It shall never occur

I just hate paying $17. Save $11? That's two beers! :cheers

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 11:13 AM)
I just hate paying $17.  Save $11?  That's two beers! :cheers

I've never seen this bus thing to Wrigley, but I seriously doubt it's $6 round trip.

Maybe next time I venture to Yorktown, where apparently I am not supposed to shop :unsure: .. I'll ask about it.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 10:16 AM)
I've never seen this bus thing to Wrigley, but I seriously doubt it's $6 round trip.

Maybe next time I venture to Yorktown, where apparently I am not supposed to shop  :unsure: .. I'll ask about it.

hahaha...be careful at Oak Brook mall too!! :D

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 11:16 AM)

Maybe next time I venture to Yorktown, where apparently I am not supposed to shop  :unsure: .. I'll ask about it.

I haven't seen it either but I do know that the cubs provide a lot of other shuttles at mostly their expense. Part of a deal with the city to alleviate the horrendous parking and train situation around there. I have also seen the double decker bus shuttles from the Ravenswood Metra stop for night games. Seems easier than driving down there. Thats a total pain in the ass.

Edited by ceffa2000

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 11:05 AM)
Thanks everyone for your responses.  I just hate paying $17 but I heard that Lot G is $8 if you get there an hour and a half before gametime.  Can you park there 2 hrs before gametime, and what about if you get there just 1 hr before gametime; does it fill up quickly??  I hate being on such a tight budget. :angry:

BTW, why do all my threads get off topic and get out of hand?  :crying

Go park at Schallers and walk. It's free.