Evan Bayh sounding Presidential

southsider2k5

Take this with a grain of salt as I have hated Evan Bayh since the day he threw a group of us out of the state capital building because he didn't want to answer our questions, but it is very interesting because he crosses some partylines in some of his comments... especially Kyoto.

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/mercurynews/ne...ynews_peninsula

QUOTE(mreye @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 03:54 PM)
I don't think he could win Indiana.

...I now doubt that you're from Indiana. Bayh would take Indiana and is probably the most well known name right up there witht Dick Lugar, who's pretty much a complete badass.

Bayh would not win Indiana. Not a chance in Hell. Not only is the Presidential race always won by a Republican in Indiana...it's never even close. Usually you can tell if the Republican candidate will win in the nation based on whether he wins Indiana by 15 or 20 %.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 05:22 PM)
Bayh would not win Indiana.  Not a chance in Hell.  Not only is the Presidential race always won by a Republican in Indiana...it's never even close.  Usually you can tell if the Republican candidate will win in the nation based on whether he wins Indiana by 15 or 20 %.

Then would you mind explaining why Bayh routinely crushes anyone who challenges him for the Senate? He'd carry Indiana quite easily.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 01:03 AM)
Then would you mind explaining why Bayh routinely crushes anyone who challenges him for the Senate? He'd carry Indiana quite easily.

Using Game Theory you can prove he succeeds because the ideological direction of his political campaign is not in the same spectrum of the typical democrat. I too think he would take Indiana.

Lieberman. Ick.

I'm interested in the Iowa gubernatorial race. Most liked Vilsack and I wouldn't be overly surprised to see him stay in politics in some higher profile. Of course, this takes Jim Nussle out of his house seat as he is running for governor. I can see myself voting for Grassley, just cause he actually votes and thinks siultaneously. Nussle's just an idiot.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 05:21 AM)
Guiliani - McCain would be my dream ticket.  They'd win by no less than 15%

McCain isn't playing for second place or he would be the current VP and Kerry would be in the White House. Guiliani isn't going to win the nomination and IMHO isn't even a top 5 GOP potential. His star has faded and there will be too much War on Terror hangover. People will want to get past 9/11 not wallow in it.

QUOTE(mreye @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 04:54 PM)
I don't think he could win Indiana.

I gotta say, for whatever reason, people from Indiana love this ass-clown. Plus he ideology has really moved off of the lefts platform judging by his statements there... when was the last time you saw a Dem who was glad the US didn't ratify Kyoto? Bayh could actually win Indiana IF he were the top of the Dems ticket.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 11:22 PM)
Bayh would not win Indiana.  Not a chance in Hell.  Not only is the Presidential race always won by a Republican in Indiana...it's never even close.  Usually you can tell if the Republican candidate will win in the nation based on whether he wins Indiana by 15 or 20 %.

Are you nuts? He hasnt had a close race in I dont know when.

I don't think anyone would pick Bayh as a VP candidate because there's just no reason to assume that picking him would turn a purple state into a blue one.

With Edwards in 2004, at least there was some hope that by picking him, the Dems might be able to pull NC closer, and it was already moderately close anyway.

Indiana is not even remotely close. It's usually the first state to go red on any election map. They call it the moment the polls close.