Hee-Seop Choi and others

wsox08

How can they have someone like Hee-Seop Choi who has 13 home runs and Ivan Rodriguez with 5 homeruns in the derby? It seems ridiculous that people like Ensber, Ramirez, Pujols, ARod, and Konerko aren't in the derby just because of the "country" rule. Do you have to be in the all star game to be in the derby? I don't like the set-up this year.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 10:01 PM)
it should be interesting, my sleeper is hee seop choi to win it all and im picking ortiz

I would say hee seop choi also because all he does is try to hit home runs. If you put him in that situation he can probably do some damage.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
I would say hee seop choi also because all he does is try to hit home runs.  If you put him in that situation he can probably do some damage.

for always trying to hit home runs, hitting 13 isn't very good..... :headshake

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
Usually I enjoy the derby, but I think being in Comerica will really cut into the numbers.  The giant shots will still leave, but no one will be busting any records.

I'm still leaning towards Teixeira.

i liked it when they had it at fenway, the parks where they have at least one place thats an awkward spot to hit the ball out=good hr derby for ex: houston, cleveland, boston, giants, arizona, petco, angels, texas

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 10:23 PM)
They need to bring the allstar game back to the cell next year just so someone can hit a ball into the fundamentals thing.

i think the comerica one will be alright, if fans show up

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 08:42 PM)
How can they have someone like Hee-Seop Choi who has 13 home runs and Ivan Rodriguez with 5 homeruns in the derby? It seems ridiculous that people like Ensber, Ramirez, Pujols, ARod, and Konerko aren't in the derby just because of the "country" rule. Do you have to be in the all star game to be in the derby? I don't like the set-up this year.

Choi isn't even in the commercial.