Attendance Trends

Heads22

Uhh -- there might be, but my dad (being a teacher) got the actual blue stub-things that you just go to the box office with and get your discounted tickets.

Gimmie a minute and I think I can find the code, though.

EDIT: Check your PMs...

Edited by CWSGuy406

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Lefty Of Love @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 10:43 AM)
On a related note, how are playoff tickets sold?  After the season ticket holders get first crack, are the remaining tickets sold on a first-come-first-serve basis?  Thanks.

Exactly. Tickets.com and the Comiskey box office.

QUOTE(drowninginflame @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 08:40 PM)
We bought the 9 game pack at soxfest and I feel screwed cause, we thoguht we would get first shot at the playoffs and now we're getting F'ed for not buying 13 or more.

Don't feel screwed, you filled your flush but the hand to be ended up being a fullhouse. That's the way it goes sometimes.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 08:41 PM)
Im starting to save already for playoff tickets, I will try the box office, but im getting ready for Stub Hub.

i'll definitely be one of those at the box office in the wee morning.

The amount of time you'll be there >>>>>>>>>> the insane amount of money you'll pay from stubhub/ebay/etc.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 09:49 PM)
The 4 game series against Boston is over 132,000 tickets sold ( 34k/game) and the Tigers series has sold over 86k (just under 29k/ game) 

Yeah we could make it to 30k average on the season and draw those 2.4 million people.

I love it. Way to go everyone. :headbang

Hopefully the Duke is ready to give us a show tomorrow night.

Already on pace to top the 2 million mark this season for the first time since 1993, the Sox have sold more than 30,000 tickets for five of the six games on their upcoming homestand, which opens tonight against the Tigers.

Looks like the orders keep pouring in.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 11:18 AM)
Think with walk-up we'll sell out the next seven games?

I don't know about complete sell outs, but there is no reason they can't average over 35k a night with the huge presales they have had for these games. 250,000 for the 7 games would be a nice number, and really give us a big bounce towards averaging 30k on the season.

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/

While tonight's crowd is expected to probably be in the mid to high 20,000s, attendance for the other five games on this homestand will be terrific.  Wednesday's day game against the Tigers is into the high 30,000s.  All four games against the Red Sox are doing well.  Saturday is very close to a sell out, but tickets do remain for Thursday, Friday and Sunday.  If you are planning to come out, act now.  Right now, in terms of tickets sold, this year already ranks as the seventh best in franchise history.  Where are all the positive Sox attendance stories?

Last night was the eighth sellout of the season, two short of the franchise record, set last season.  We have enjoyed 15 crowds of 30,000-plus and are averaging 31,897 fans over the last 19 home games.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 05:22 PM)
Sell out Monday.. 35K last night.. 39K today.. less than 3K left for tomorrow and even less for the weekend...

7 straight days of near sell out crowds. :cheers

NEAR SELLOUTS? Damn Sox fans never go to the games. I saw a few seats in the upper deck that were not filled yesterday. Cub fans are so much better.

• 2 weeks later...