TRADE THREAD III ~July 9 - July 15

Texsox

Isn't it a bit early for you. Usually your not out of bed yet.

Oh stop yourself you are getting senile or something. Must be bad italian beef, maybe mad cow or something.

Give me the over and under for a new starting pitching acquisition before you are back from Cali.

Unbelieveable scene in my backyard right now ... a huge hawk has clamped down on a blackbird and is devouring him ... feathers all over the place, wow.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 08:57 AM)
Oh stop yourself you are getting senile or something.  Must be bad italian beef, maybe mad cow or something.

Give me the over and under for a new starting pitching acquisition before you are back from Cali.

Unbelieveable scene in my backyard right now ... a huge hawk has clamped down on a blackbird and is devouring him ... feathers all over the place, wow.

jimbo this happen in my back yard earlier this year but it was a rabbit. Hawk swooped down in front of our eyes and snatched the rabbitt. It was tremendous. Fantastic actaully. I hate rabbitts, going to buy a pellet gun they eat my whole yard.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 08:54 AM)
I think Kenny might be able to convince Burnett to sign a 1 year extension for the chance at a series appearance.. just guessing though.

I would love that thinking just don't know how realistic it is. This guy apparently desires to gointo free agency and with very few pitchers available I would find it hard to imagine him giving that up. But KW does some magical things.

Since we are speaking of hawk happenings, a similar thing happened to me a week ago. I was pulling into a ATM drivethru around dusk when I saw something moving in front of me, it was a hawk who had just flown down to nail a mouse. My car startled him and he took off with the still-squirming mouse. Pretty cool stuff.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 09:00 AM)
:lolhitting

JimH and Quickman

They're like the Marx Brothers...if one of the Marx brothers was dead and the other two weren't funny.

JK ;)

Hah its early stick around its gets better as the day goes bye. he is so arogant sometimes :P

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 09:01 AM)
I would love that thinking just don't know how realistic it is. This guy apparently desires to gointo free agency and with very few pitchers available I would find it hard to imagine him giving that up. But KW does some magical things.

Its gonna be a pricey rotation next year Im thinking.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 09:03 AM)
Since we are speaking of hawk happenings, a similar thing happened to me a week ago.  I was pulling into a ATM drivethru around dusk when I saw something moving in front of me, it was a hawk who had just flown down to nail a mouse. My car startled him and he took off with the still-squirming mouse. Pretty cool stuff.

Who needs Wild kingdom, just come to Soxtalk.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 08:01 AM)

Does Ozzie have any more nieces ready for marraige??

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 09:09 AM)
Ok I do type very fast, and yes he does have a dictionary next to his computer. Arrogant! The second R always kills me.

I typo s*** incorrectly all the time. It was just too good to pass up.

You must be referring to Squeaky

:lolhitting

Squeaky is unbelieveable.

On topic, I think it's great the Sox are going hard after Burnett, whether or not they can ink him to an extension. All of this may not work out in terms of getting him from the Marlins, but it could be Package A if they can sign him, Package B if they can't. Marlins would definitely want Gio I would guess ... young lefthander from Miami. Just speculating.

Off topic, quickman and I are meeting at Al's Beef for lunch. This means I will get an entire dissertation on italian beef, including why "this beef sucks" blah dee blah blah blah, not to mention the entire history of failed White Sox prospects. Oh well at least I know what's going to happen ... "Hi, may I take your order?" "Yes, I'll have the Train Wreck Combo please". :bang

This at Prosportsdaily.com

Burnett Trade talks heat up

July 13

Miami Herald "The Chicago White Sox are believed to be the team most aggressively pursuing the pitcher, who will become a free agent after the season. But the Baltimore Orioles have also renewed attempts to woo the Marlins, offering a package centered on reliever Jorge Julio, while the Toronto Blue Jays entered the sweepstakes this week."

interesting...

Edited by Steve9347

Burnett Trade talks heat up

July 13

Miami Herald "The Chicago White Sox are believed to be the team most aggressively pursuing the pitcher, who will become a free agent after the season. But the Baltimore Orioles have also renewed attempts to woo the Marlins, offering a package centered on reliever Jorge Julio, while the Toronto Blue Jays entered the sweepstakes this week."

here's the entire article since I had to register like a douchebag to view it.

MARLINS A.J. BURNETT

Trade talks heat up

The Marlins have reportedly talked with six teams about a possible A.J. Burnett trade.

BY KEVIN BAXTER

[email protected]

DETROIT - The Marlins have stepped up efforts to shop right-hander A.J. Burnett and are reportedly in trade discussions with at least six teams about deals that would net Florida a top reliever in return.

The Chicago White Sox are believed to be the team most aggressively pursuing the pitcher, who will become a free agent after the season. But the Baltimore Orioles have also renewed attempts to woo the Marlins, offering a package centered on reliever Jorge Julio, while the Toronto Blue Jays entered the sweepstakes this week.

The San Diego Padres, Los Angeles Dodgers and Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim have also been mentioned as possible trade partners.

''We're sensing that, based on the interest conveyed through the media, that there are a lot of suitors,'' said Darek Braunecker, the player's agent.

Baltimore, which has been talking with Florida for some time about Burnett, has taken 24-year-old right-hander Daniel Cabrera (7-7, 4.90) off the table, instead offering 20-year-old Hayden Penn, a minor-leaguer who went 2-2 with a 6.75 ERA in seven big-league starts earlier this season. But they are willing to part with Julio (2-2, 4.24, a former closer whom the Marlins reportedly covet, as well as a left-handed-hitting outfielder, probably Larry Bigbie (.262, 4 HR, 17 RBI).

The Blue Jays might be the most intriguing option because Burnett (5-5, 3.33) has made no secret of his desire to be reunited with former Marlins pitching coach Brad Arnsberg, now with Toronto. The Blue Jays are willing to deal closer Miguel Batista, a former Marlin, but he's owed more than $6 million on a contract that runs through 2006. Burnett will make about $1.8 million the rest of this season.

The Marlins are also exploring several trade options that don't involve Burnett in an effort to shore up their leaky bullpen. They are known to be among four teams -- the others being Texas, Atlanta and the Chicago Cubs -- talking with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays about All-Star closer Danys Baez, who could be expendable now that Tampa has signed former Cubs closer Joe Borowski. They have also expressed interest in Kansas City left-hander Jeremy Affeldt, who made two trips to the disabled list this season with a strained groin, and might pursue the Colorado Rockies' Jay Witasick, a nine-year veteran who was released last fall by the San Diego Padres.