TRADE THREAD III ~July 9 - July 15

Texsox

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 01:58 PM)
that makes 2 of us. but then again, Stanton has been pretty bad this year

Yeah his high era is nothing special to want but he would have been nice insurance. Put it this way, with Marte out, Stanton > Walker.

What?  El Duque has hit 90 one time that i can recall. He has been 80-87 with his fastball most of the time, and he hasnt been able to spot his changeup, curve or slider, resulting in his 2 and 4 seamers getting crushed.

I like El Duque, but he has not shown much this season (durability and recent performance) to warrant my undying faith in him during the second half. If he is shipped to the bully because a trade is made, I will not cry about it,  thats for sure.

And despite that 2005 weakness he is still sporting 7W, 2L, in 11GS. Do you now many pitchers would kill for a record like that after 11 starts?

First 5GS, 3W, 1L 2.70E, 30IP, 1.63WHIP - there weren't too many complaints then.

Next 3GS, 2W, 0L 6.19E, 16IP, 1.69WHIP - signs of something wrong

Next 3GS, 2W, 1L 7.56E, 17IP, 1.56WHIP - signs of it getting worse

Yet even when he was laboring through undisclosed pain he still managed to post a 4-1 record.

Who is more likely to go 7-2 over his next 11 starts:

El Duque, Burnett, or Schmidt? El Duque. It might be ugly but he wins far more often than he losses.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 10:59 AM)
Yeah his high era is nothing special to want but he would have been nice insurance. Put it this way, with Marte out, Stanton > Walker.

Yeah, but frighteningly, it's not Stanton>>>>>>Walker.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 01:02 PM)
And despite that 2005 weakness he is still sporting 7W, 2L, in 11GS.  Do you now many pitchers would kill for a record like that after 11 starts?

First 5GS, 3W,  1L 2.70E, 30IP, 1.63WHIP - there weren't too many complaints then.

Next 3GS, 2W, 0L 6.19E, 16IP, 1.69WHIP - signs of something wrong

Next 3GS, 2W, 1L 7.56E, 17IP, 1.56WHIP - signs of it getting worse

Yet even when he was laboring through undisclosed pain he still managed to post a 4-1 record. 

El Duque, Burnett, or Schmidt?  El Duque.  It might be ugly but he wins far more often than he losses.

It's called luck. he was getting an assload of run support that any pitcher would cream of. To go 4-1 with a combined ERA of 6.85 over a 6 game stretch is just damn lucky. that is all!

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 01:02 PM)

El Duque, Burnett, or Schmidt?  El Duque.  It might be ugly but he wins far more often than he losses.

I cannot disagree with this more. Im not going to start a numbers discussion, I will just state that I disagree.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
I cannot disagree with this more.  Im not going to start a numbers discussion, I will just state that I disagree.

You can't beat Juggs in a numebrs discussion. He will simply make up stats that are all too real to devour you in an argument.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 06:02 PM)
And despite that 2005 weakness he is still sporting 7W, 2L, in 11GS.  Do you now many pitchers would kill for a record like that after 11 starts?

I know your a big stat guy and all, but cmon man... everyone knows that the W stat is the least telling of all.

A.J. Burnett, Marlins

His last few starts have been erratic, but he's mowing down hitters and intriguing a lot of clubs. He's a free agent after the season, so the Marlins figure they're better off getting something for a quality pitcher -- when healthy -- who will price himself out of their budget next year.

Potential Suitors: White Sox, Orioles, Yankees

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 01:17 PM)
A.J. Burnett, Marlins

His last few starts have been erratic, but he's mowing down hitters and intriguing a lot of clubs. He's a free agent after the season, so the Marlins figure they're better off getting something for a quality pitcher -- when healthy -- who will price himself out of their budget next year.

Potential Suitors: White Sox, Orioles, Yankees

I wonder how many more times this will be posted today in a similar form? lol

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 01:33 PM)
Damn it, KW better make a move today or tomorrow.  Without any games on, I have nothing at all to talk about all day long at work.  Get your ass in gear, KW.

Im with you Milkman, the suspension is killing me.

Do you guys think a trade will happen very soon? I do. Who will be the 4 starters vs the tribe? THey said el-duque won't pitch vs the tribe. Are his shoulder problems worse than we think? And if it is- KW should be on high alert to get a starter ASAP. If the Marlins want Marte, thats fine- do what it takes to get Burnett over here.