Happy now? Sox going to be in a future ESPN mag

greasywheels121

This is from Scott Reifert, Sox' vice president of communications:

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/

Before today's game, Mark Buehrle, Scott Podsednik, Jermaine Dye, Cliff Politte, Juan Uribe and Tadahito Iguchi all posed for a photo spread on the White Sox in an upcoming edition of ESPN The Magazine.  Each photo depicts a current Sox player in a setting from one our club's marketing promotions.  Pods and Buehrle are in Go-Karts on the Pontiac Fundamentals Deck, while the other four are dressed as Beatles from the Sgt. Pepper album cover.

Dustin Hermanson is currently posing as Elvis.  Tomorrow, Paul Konerko and his two dogs will be photgraphed sitting in the stands, Aaron Rowand, his daughter and some kids will take a shower on the outfield concourse and AJ Pierzynski will help some senior Sox fans -- including a few celebrities -- around the bases.  Look for the shots in an upcoming edition of the mag.

EDIT: Reading this guy's blog from time to time, it's safe to say this guy has one of the coolest jobs ever.

Edited by greasywheels121

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 10:49 AM)
when will this hit the newstand???

If it's in the next issue, it won't be until about July 20th or so. ESPN mag is an every other week thing, and I ended up getting an issue this week. I'll bump this when I get the magazine.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 10:51 AM)
If it's in the next issue, it won't be until about July 20th or so.  ESPN mag is an every other week thing, and I ended up getting an issue this week.  I'll bump this when I get the magazine.

thx

and what's with the music theme???...not sure I 'get' that.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 11:01 AM)
thx

and what's with the music theme???...not sure I 'get' that.

The theme tie into our marketing promotions...

Hermy is Evlis -- We have an elvis night

Kong with his dogs -- We have a dog day

Pierz helping old people around the bases -- We have a geriatrics roam the infiled day. (This was called aquiring Robby Alomar the last two years)

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 11:05 AM)
The theme tie into our marketing promotions...

Hermy is Evlis -- We have an elvis night

Kong with his dogs -- We have a dog day

Pierz helping old people around the bases -- We have a geriatrics roam the infiled day. (This was called aquiring Robby Alomar the last two years)

Konerko should be running the bases with the older people.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 03:36 PM)
D ph34r.gif errek Lee was on the cover of the las ESPN the Magazine. :ph34r:

Look what happened to him!?! Cubs to win the World Series in 2004? SI Cover Jinx....true. Madden cover jinx....true.