Blackhawks Win 2nd Straight

Chisoxfn

They beat the Panthers 4-1 and Thibault gave up just a goal, so the Hawks have only given up 3 goals in their first 3 games.

It will be big if they can get off to a good start without Fleury cause he should only help them. I know he's a head-case but Sutters a good coach and getting him on the ice adds a deadly weapon.

It only helps that our competition isn't the toughest, plus we have so many home games, in the month of October. By the middle of November, we should be getting our main offensive guy, Eric Daze, back, which means that the LW who produces the least for us will be sent back down to Norfolk. I personally think that will be Louie DeBrusk. He needs to learn the fundamentals of the game a little more, and he won't get that playing five minutes a game with the Hawks, while in Norfolk, he should see at least 15-20 minutes of ice time.

Things are looking up for the Hawks!

Thibault's play has been VERY encouraging thus far, although as Heather said, the competition has not been upper-tier quality yet. But, perhaps getting the confidence up against the "weak sisters" will carry over when the Hawks start facing the better competition.

By the way, the refs BETTER NOT relax on calling the interference and obstruction penalties! I am LOVING the pace of the games so far! End to end, constant movement, fewer breaks in the action.....uh oh....fewer breaks means fewer commercials....ohhhhhh nooooo.....

Originally posted by The Critic

Thibault's play has been VERY encouraging thus far, although as Heather said, the competition has not been upper-tier quality yet. But, perhaps getting the confidence up against the "weak sisters" will carry over when the Hawks start facing the better competition.

By the way, the refs BETTER NOT relax on calling the interference and obstruction penalties! I am LOVING the pace of the games so far! End to end, constant movement, fewer breaks in the action.....uh oh....fewer breaks means fewer commercials....ohhhhhh nooooo.....

T-Blow has yet to be really tested. Just wait till he has to face Detroit or Colorado with their high powered lineups before saying this dirtbag has turned a corner. He still has a huge amount to prove to me.:cool:

I was at the game against Florida & I have to say that after the 1st period I was expecting a long night, but they woke the heck up in the second period & finished them off before the second intermission. I was kind of pissed that there were no fights though. The damn linesmen are too quick to break up altercations.

I'm going to the Calgary game on Saturday as well. CANT WAIT!! MAKE IT 3 IN A ROW HAWKS!!!

LET ME HEAR YA....

LETS......GO.........HAWKS!!!

LETS......GO..........HAWKS!!!

Commenting on T-bo....... I think that he has reached his potential and never will "turn the corner" because he's already turned it and let it score a rebound goal on him.

I think 1 thing you guys are leaving out is our stellar new ABC line..... Arnason Bell and Calder

I love Arnason and what he brings to the table he could become great!!! gotta win more faceoffs though.

Oh yeah if Gary Valk and Igor Korolev are on the same ice at the same time again I am gonna puke.

Originally posted by Murcielago

Commenting on T-bo....... I think that he has reached his potential and never will "turn the corner" because he's already turned it and let it score a rebound goal on him.

I think 1 thing you guys are leaving out is our stellar new ABC line..... Arnason Bell and Calder

I love Arnason and what he brings to the table he could become great!!! gotta win more faceoffs though.

Oh yeah if Gary Valk and Igor Korolev are on the same ice at the same time again I am gonna puke.

Yep, the Hawks got some good youngsters. I like Calder and Bell quite a bit. I remember watching Bell last year and he was real good, he's only going to get better.

Think of what happens when they had Ruutu to the mix next season(I hope they sign him) and he'll be just 19 then.

IGOR KOROLEV IS THE MOST WORTHLESS SON OF A b**** TO DISGRACE THE INDIANHEAD SWEATER! HE IS WORSE THAN VALERI ZELEPUKEIN COULD EVER HOPE TO BE.

Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

IGOR KOROLEV IS THE MOST WORTHLESS SON OF A b**** TO DISGRACE THE INDIANHEAD SWEATER! HE IS WORSE THAN VALERI ZELEPUKEIN COULD EVER HOPE TO BE.

As far as players go, I may have to agree with you NUKE. But as the whole Organization goes, Dollar Bill has done more to disgrace the best uniform in all of sports than any player could possibly dream. I HATE that f***ER! :****

Oh yeah..... Thibault SUCKS! He ain't a rookie anymore. If he was going to "turn a corner" it should have been a season to a season-and-a-half ago. How much time are Hawks fans gonna give this goof to "turn the corner?" We had one of the best in Belfour years back before ASSHOLE refused to pay him what he was worth. And Hasek was Belfours back-up!

Originally posted by CubKilla

Oh yeah..... Thibault SUCKS! He ain't a rookie anymore. If he was going to "turn a corner" it should have been a season to a season-and-a-half ago. How much time are Hawks fans gonna give this goof to "turn the corner?" We had one of the best in Belfour years back before ASSHOLE refused to pay him what he was worth. And Hasek was Belfours back-up! 

I remember watching that bastard when he was with Montreal. He let in soft goal after soft goal & I laughed at him all the time. Now he's with us & I f***ing hate it. Trouble with this asstard is that when the pressure starts mounting he just flakes out & loses his focus. He is a prototypical headcase. I say dump him next year when Leighton is ready.

Originally posted by CubKilla

I miss Belfour too, but he didnt leave because of money. He left because he was just an angry dicksuck overall. He got pissed because he thought he could half-ass it & not get replaced & when Hack camer along he went beserk & that was is for him.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Think of what happens when they had Ruutu to the mix next season(I hope they sign him) and he'll  be just 19 then.

Somewhere I think I read that Ruutu has gone back to Europe to play this year. If he isn't signed soon, then our drafting him becomes meaningless, and he is free to be drafted by any other team by entering the draft. I hope Wirtz doesn't let this guy go!

Drafting means we hold his "rights" for I think 3 or 4 years but I'm not super sure on that.

Ruttu Will be a hawk i don't think you can just pass up on the best prospect in hockey right now.

The best what? Says who?

1999-2000 HIFK Helsinki Finland Jr 35 11 16 27 32

1999-2000 HIFK Helsinki Finland 1 0 0 0 2

2000-01 HIFK Helsinki Finland Jr 2 1 0 1 0

2000-01 Jokerit Helsinki Finland 47 11 11 22 86

How is that the best prospect out there?

Originally posted by Mathew

Drafting means we hold his "rights" for I think 3 or 4 years but I'm not super sure on that.

Ruttu Will be a hawk i don't think you can just pass up on the best prospect in hockey right now.

The best what? Says who?

1999-2000 HIFK Helsinki Finland Jr 35 11 16 27 32

1999-2000 HIFK Helsinki Finland 1 0 0 0 2

2000-01 HIFK Helsinki Finland Jr 2 1 0 1 0

2000-01 Jokerit Helsinki Finland 47 11 11 22 86

How is that the best prospect out there?

look on the net, I dont remember what publication, but they rated him the best prospect in hockey kiddo. Not pulling this s*** out of my ass.

I'd be interested to see what publication, perhaps I need better information because he hasn't shown to much at the Finnish Elite level. Typically the smaller NHL ice would work against him. I like that he plays bigger than most Euros but I'm not convinced that he's Jesus Ruutu.

Originally posted by Mathew

I'd be interested to see what publication, perhaps I need better information because he hasn't shown to much at the Finnish Elite level.  Typically the smaller NHL ice would work against him.  I like that he plays bigger than most Euros but I'm not convinced that he's Jesus Ruutu.

I personally have my doubts that he is the best, But I think it's based on his defense and ability to really piss off his opponents with checks and jabs.

I also read he is being compared to Forsberg for being a amazing 2 way forward

He's over 6 foot and he seems to like contact so I don't doubt that he is a very effective two way player, I don't believe that he will be a Forsberg, he may prove me wrong, I will concede that he may now be the best player outside the NHL but I have not been convinced that he is the best prospect. Simply my opinion but he doesn't seem to have the finish of a real wicked NHL scorer.