Bobby Jenks to be on the Score

He says he loves Chicago fans was excited at his welcome. He says he is happy to bring something to the Sox bullpen. He says he tunes everything out when he pitches, only him and the batter. He calms himself down and breathes heavily. He says the Angels wanted to turn him into the Gagne starter-to-closer type guy. He says he likes closing more than starting.

He said that he actually does throw a change-up but didn;t thrown it because he hasn't had to use it. Fastball-Curveball is all he needs. He says he can throw all 4 pitches for strikes and that he really is never gonna shake off AJ lol. Fastball, curveballl, slider, change-up. ALL NASTY. He thinks AJ is a great catcher who knows what he is doing with his pitchers.

He says his fastball is used in location depending on situation. He says he listens to AJ and thinks where the hitters aren't expecting it. He also says a key to him is getting ahead of hitters. He doesn't think his control is an issue.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 12:13 PM)
He said that he actually does throw a change-up but didn;t thrown it because he hasn't had to use it. Fastball-Curveball is all he needs. He says he can throw all 4 pitches for strikes and that he really is never gonna shake off AJ lol. Fastball, curveballl, slider, change-up. ALL NASTY. He thinks AJ is a great catcher who knows what he is doing with his pitchers.

Wouldn't suprise me if AJ walked over to him when he got here, and said don't you ever shake me off.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
The way it should be.  I wish Contreras would do the same.

Hell yeah. He shaks off like 12 calls, calls time, shakes off another 3, only to throw a forkball in the dirt past AJ. :fyou Count

Jenks actually sounded like he had a brain. I wonder what the hell he was thinking when he was in the Angels organization.

Also, I'm beginning to wonder why the Angels would just give up on this guy as well as Derrick Turnbow. Derrick has seemingly turned the corner and found himself some control, although we have yet to find out if Jenks can be relied upon on a consistent basis.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 03:38 PM)
Jenks actually sounded like he had a brain.  I wonder what the hell he was thinking when he was in the Angels organization.

Also, I'm beginning to wonder why the Angels would just give up on this guy as well as Derrick Turnbow.  Derrick has seemingly turned the corner and found himself some control, although we have yet to find out if Jenks can be relied upon on a consistent basis.

With Jenks, it sounds like he really needed a change of scenery. With all the problems he had in the Angels organization it might have been hard for him to succeed, however it's really hard to give up on an arm like that, problems or not.

Turnbow has turned into a successful closer in Milwaukee and Jenks has done well since leaving Anaheim. I dunno, it's probably just a coincidence but both can throw close to 100 and you dont just give up arms like that.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)
Turnbow has turned into a successful closer in Milwaukee and Jenks has done well since leaving Anaheim. I dunno, it's probably just a coincidence but both can throw close to 100 and you dont just give up arms like that.

It's not like they're hurting for arms in their pen.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 06:06 PM)
If the Sox don't mess this up this kid will be a STUD. That's just nasty in one inning, and he has a change??!?! *creams himself*

:bang And a crazy ass slider.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 04:45 PM)

I don't trust Turnbow for a second. Every time I've seen him pitch, it looks like he's gonna blow it and then somehow gets the job done. Granted I've only seen him about 4 or 5 times, and I realize that's a small amount to judge him on, but I can't help but get the words "Dan Kolb" out of my head.